Chapter 12: Death's Touch

Next chapter. Please vote and comment your thoughts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't believe that bastard. I looked over my shoulder to find Isaac's cold features back in neutral/angry mode. Vincent's eyes slid to me as he digs through his stuff for some flint to start the fire.

I glare at him and he quickly looks away. Erin sends me a sorrowful gaze with a small smile attached while Chancellor continues to nicker.

I love pranks... and this is total sarcasm.

See, Isaac decided to connect with me in the middle of horse riding. He kept me busy in my head while Soul attacked Huntress verbally, but playfully. Huntress does not do playful. What ended up happening is that Huntress took over me, attacked Isaac by flinging herself off of Marleen, and making both Isaac and I topple to the ground. Soul knew that this would happen so he had already took over Isaac's body. Marleen and Hades, our two horses went crazy and attacked Chancellor's and Vincent's horses. It was a mad house and it ended with Isaac pinning me to a tree and the two team mates in trees.

Chancellor decided to wolf-whistle and that caused Huntress to be furious. She easily escaped Isaac's grasp, attacked Chancellor, and took some of his teeth with her. She did this while I was fighting with her to regain control.

Idiots.

Huntress was currently pouting in her little corner of my mind.

I sighed before heaving up the large log and dragging it to the area where the fire is to be built. The horses neighed somewhere in the trees as we all set up camp. "I'm going to do a scouting..." Isaac quickly says while going to the nearest tree and climbing up.

I glared at his disappearing figure until he was invisible in the treetops. "I'm sorry Scar. We shouldn't have tested you and taken out your other side." Vincent tries to apologize.

"Yes. You shouldn't have!" I bark back and turning around to get another log.

A whoosh sounded behind me and I grit my teeth, "Stop trying to prank me guys!"

A very attractive deep voice chuckled, "Sadly, they are too afraid of me to even come near you currently."

I turned around to find Death himself leaning lazily against a tree. His hood was of course on, hiding his features, but his smirk was still seen. My other three teammates were pale.

"What do you want?" I snap.

Death's attractive deep chuckle sounds again, "I was just checking on my Princess."

"I am not yours!" I hiss.

Death heaves himself off the tree and starts to walk over to me, "Your tattoo says otherwise."

My hand goes to my face and I look to the darkness that shielded Death's face. My hands coil into fists and Huntress quickly takes her place of adding annoying commentary.

"My tattoo says I belong to my father!"

Death was only a few steps away from me, "Not when he sold you to me."

I take a step back, "Wait what?"

"You are mine little Princess. You belong to me. My whim is your command. You are my little plaything."

I lung at him, only to find he teleported a few feet away, "I am not yours!" I roar.

"Hmm... You are sadly mine. Not a very good listener, but still mine." Death says amusedly. Huntress finally adds a comment that I actually listened to, Doesn't that voice sound familiar?

Death's voice did sound awfully familiar. Where else have I heard that deep, whimsical, coldish voice?

I snarl moving my weight towards the direction of Death but preparing myself to jump left. Just as I, and Huntress, predicted, Death teleported and I jumped just enough left to be able to tackle him down.

We land with a grunt onto the leafy ground. I was sitting on him with my arms pinning his very muscular ones down. What is up with this muscle??

Yummy... Huntress purrs.

Death's lips curve into a smirk as he stopped struggling. "Very good my little tracker. Its also good you haven't died yet."

"Why would I die?!" I hiss, not noticing the complete shock on Erin's, Vincent's, and Chancellor's faces.

"A prophecy..." He says cooly.

"What prophecy?!" I shout.

"Well, it goes something like this: He can't love for all of his poor life. 'He' is me and I can't love because every girl I have ever touched died under me." Death says normally.

I once again notice the heat coming from where skin on skin was touching.

Death leans his head up. His lips press quickly against mine as he kisses me. He pulls back and smirks, "Goodbye my princess. Till next time."

He disappears from under me and I grunt as I land onto the ground, my total shock leaving me.

"D-D-did he just kiss her?!"Chancellor screeches. I touch my lips, totally confused. Death just kissed me. Like full on kiss on the lips kiss! No tongue, thankfully.... But what?! This gives another whole meaning to 'Kiss of Death'!

But you liked it! Huntress teased. I slam her back deeper into my mind. She starts to complain again as I shut her off. However, the tingling of my lips and the strange feeling I was experiencing in my stomach made her quickly return.

Aw... My Baby like the kiss! She is having butterflies in her stomach! Huntress coos.

"Oh shut it! I'm not your baby if we are the same person!" I snap at her.

She shrugs the thought off.

"Holy sh*t! Scar just fought Death, didn't die under his touch, and he KISSED her!" Vincent started to blabber.

"Oh shut it!" I angrily say while picking myself off the floor.

A thud happens not to far away and I look to find Isaac has returned from his scout. "Is everything okay? I heard fighting..."

I glare at the other members of blood team as all of them had mischievous grins on, "Everything is fine! Anyway-" I interrupt from any of them can say a word. "What did you see?"

Isaac holds my gaze, "Soldiers are waiting for us...."