A War Between Elements

Chapter 1: Kidnapped

                The sun burned against my skin. The heat felt so good. I smiled with pleasure. I was lying on the deck in my bikini with sunglasses covering my eyes. Kylee, one of my friends, was lying next to me, fanning herself, and staring up at the clouds. Heather, another one of my friends, was in the pool splashing around like a child. This is mostly how we spend our summers together. I would lie in the sun, Kylee would stare at the clouds, and Heather would swim in the pool.

                No one understands why I love the heat so much. In the shower I put the heat all the way up, so it burns against my skin. I find joy in the heat against my skin. My mom would always yell at me as a kid because I would light things on fire. I couldn’t help it though. I loved watching the flames as they destroy everything in their path. My parents say I like fire because I am very hotheaded. I have to admit though. I do have a bad attitude.

                “That cloud looks like a bunny,” Kylee giggled to herself. Kylee is the sweetest person I know. She cares about everyone and loves to help people. She is very beautiful as well. Her hair is dirty blonde and really thick and long. Her eyes can never decide what color to be.

                “I think it looks more like a starfish!” Heather laughed from inside the pool. Heather is always happy and hyper. She has long, dark brown hair that is almost to her waist.  Her nose and cheeks are full of light freckles. Her eyes are super big and blue.

Me, on the other hand, I am a hot tamale. Guys melt like popsicles in my presence. I have long brown hair with red and blonde highlights. I have the perfect body. My lips are naturally blood red. My eyes are blue-green and sometimes grey depending on the lighting in the room. My face is flawless and perfect. Girls envy me because of my beauty. Heather and Kylee aren’t too bad themselves. They are super beautiful. They just don’t play with guys like I do. I never stay with a guy more than a week. One day I could be dating a hot goody two shoes and the next I could be dating a sexy bad boy. I’m just a slut like that.

“Katie, your mother called. She said you need to come home,” Heather’s mom said poking her head out the door. I grumbled to myself then got up.

“Byeeeeeeeeeee!” Kylee and Heather said in unison. I rolled my eyes at them then made my way home. When I was walking up the driveway, my brother jumped out of the tree and threw a water balloon full of cold water at me. I screamed.

“Come here you brat!” I screamed chasing my little brother, Karsten, around the yard.

“MOOOOOOM! Help me!” Karsten screamed in terror when I tackled him to the ground. My mother came running out yelling at me to get off of him.

“Are you crazy? You could have hurt him!” My mom said picking my brother off of the ground.

“Mom he threw a freaking water balloon at me! How am I supposed to react to that?” I protested. She ignored me and took my brother inside. I growled in anger then followed them inside.

“Katie, don’t go to your room. We need to talk.” My mom said stopping me at the edge of the staircase. I let out a heavy sigh then followed her to the couch. I had a feeling I wasn’t going to like this conversation we were about to have. My dad walked sat down on the couch next to my mom. Great. This can’t be good.

“Honey, you know we love you…” my mother started out.

“Can you just cut to the chase? I’m not in the mood for all this lovey dovey crap.” I said interrupting her before she could continue. My parents gave each other awkward glances.

“Katie…you’re adopted.” My mother whispered.

“Excuse me?” I said shocked. “Did you just say I was adopted?”

“Yes sweetie.” My dad said finally talking. It was hard to believe that I was adopted considering how much my mother and I looked alike.

“Wait…Karsten and Zach aren’t adopted are they?” I asked. I knew Karsten wasn’t adopted because I remember when my mother got pregnant with him.

“No…you’re the only one,” My mother slightly smiled. Without saying another word I got up and ran to my room. My parents called out to me, but I ignored them. I slammed my door shut and locked it. I ran to my bed and screamed into my pillow. I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes it was one in the morning. I grabbed my phone and called Kylee and Heather. I opened up the window and climbed out of it. The next thing you know all three of us are sitting in the middle of the street talking to each other.

“You were adopted!?!?!” Kylee said amazed.

“OMG! So am I!” Heather said excitedly.

“I can’t believe this. How could I go through life actually thinking that I was related to those freaky people?” I smirked. The best way for me to deal with something is to make jokes about it. I let out a long sigh then laid down to stare up at the stars.

Kylee and Heather laid down next to me. We didn’t talk for what seemed like hours. I was just about to drift to sleep when a car honked loudly at us. We all three jumped up in the air and ran to the side of the road. We were expecting the car to keep on driving, but it stopped. We all three sensed something was wrong, but none of us moved from where we were standing.  Two guys got out of the black blazer. The guy that was getting out of the passenger side walked toward us. Instead of doing what smart people do and run away, I ran toward the guy and kicked him in the jewels without thinking. They guy that got out from the driver side ran to the guy that was on his knees. Heather and Kylee stood there not knowing what to do. The guy that was on the ground in pain shot up and grabbed my ankle making me fall to the ground. He picked me up easily and through me in the back of the car. I kicked and screamed like crazy, but no one came to the rescue. I was about to jump out of the car, but Heather and Kylee were stuffed in the car pushing me back. They shut the door then got into the car. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. Shocker.

“What the hell do you want with us!?!?” Heather screamed at them. Usually the only emotion I see Heather in is happiness, but right now she looked like she was going to pee in her pants. The guys just looked at each other and didn’t say anything. All three of us gave each other scared looks. We were going to die. I bit my lip and refused to let any tears fall down my face.

Hope you loved it!

Comment, vote, and subscribe!!!!