The Beginning of My Demise

At 7 o'clock a.m. on a Saturday morning, the noise that will become the bane of my existence woke me up. EEP! EEP! EEP! I sat up, groggy from my slumber, in bed. Rubbing my face I looked around my room, then to my clock, which was still blasting that suicide inducing noise, and turned off the alarm. I flopped on my back again with a sigh and stared at the bottom of my brother's top bunk for a bit before getting up. School started that Monday and I was trying to prepare myself for my first day of Middle School.

My name is Winston Fischer, I'm 11 years old, I'm done with Elementary School, and moving onto Middle School. From the movies I've seen and the television shows, it seems like a kid like me, is gonna get beat up, and quickly too. I don't really know anyone, since I went to school in Sanford, and most kids who went to my old school moved on to the middle school over there, so I'll have to make mew friends, but that's fine because I've always been good at that.

As I slid out of bed in my cramped apartment bedroom, I hit my head on the bed above, as usual, and held my forehead in pain. I sucked air in and out between my teeth, as if that would help the pain subside. I slowly slid off the side of my bed and onto my feet. I rubbed my forehead and looked around my somewhat messy, tiny room. I had a dresser in front of me, a window to my left, and to my right was the door to the hallway and my closet door, which was open. My closet door wasn't really ever closed, due to it being one of those crappy old cheap "sliding" closet doors, the ones that don't actually slide, you just force them across the floor in an attempt to reach what's behind it.

I walked into the hallway and turned right, entering the guest bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and rubbed my face, wondering why I was up. Then I strolled to the toilet and released the flood gates. After washing my hands I went to the living room/dining room and sat at the table. I breathed in heavily, trying to stay awake, and looked over to wards the entrance to the kitchen, where someone was making breakfast.

"Mom?" I called out, hoping she was making pancakes or something of the like. "Yes my little man?" I heard her say. I smiled, she had started calling me names that were more grown up recently, and it made me feel good about myself, like maybe I wouldn't be beat up at school.

My mom brought me out a plate of waffles with syrup, setting it down in front of me, then kissed my forehead. "Want some milk darling?" She asked, with a smile. I nodded, my mouth stuffed with waffle already. She fetched me the milk and then went on to make the rest of the plates for everyone.

After about half an hour, my little brother, Zeus, wandered from our room into the living room, and sat on the couch rubbing his eyes. He asked Mom for food, and she told him it was already made for him. He got up and sat next to me on the bench seat of our dining table, and hugged me.

"Good morning my brother." He said.
"Morning bud, how'd you sleep?" I asked.
"I slept good, what about you?"
"I slept good also, I'm nervous for school on Monday."
"Don't be" he said comfortingly "you'll be great!"

I smiled and rubbed his head, messing up his long, brushed hair and we ate. Nothing else really worth mentioning happened that day. I probably played this game called Roblox on my dad's computer for the rest of the day while my brother player with his wooden trainsets. My mother worked at some fast food restaurant then, so I assume she was working. And my dad probably watched television.

That weekend went by quick. I don't miss it though, it wasn't much, but it was completely better than middle school. The day I started middle school, was the worst day of my life for sure, and when it ended, it left the pain and suffering on my plate for me to take home.