Chapter 1: Nightmares

"Nooooo Mom, Dad don't leave me.... Oh it was just a nightmare."

I woke up. I was sweating as hell I couldn't even breathe. The house was hot and humid. It was six in the morning. I got up and went to the bathroom to go shower. I got dressed up since I had to go to work. I went downstair. The house was empty. It hasn't been cleaned for years. The cabinet, antiques and the photos was dusty. I grabbed a piece of bread and went off to work. I worked for the Syracuse Enterprises one of the biggest companies in Miami. By working I meant I owned it. The company was passed on to me when my parents died ten years ago. The company was going to be closed down, but I made decision when I was eighteen the company will be owned by me. It was hard decision to make. Many people thought and still think I'm too young to own the company. Since my parents passed away the companies dynasty has fallen. I always try to bring it back up, but I always get caught up in the past. Many people thought it would be passed onto to Alfred Di Stephan. Alfred helped my family build this company in throughout. He was loyal to my family but he hasn't been seen for ten years. "Hey Arc," a voice that came out of nowhere. It was Nikhil one of my closest friends and maybe only friends.

"Oh Hey Dude," I said in a nervous voice

"You haven't talked to me lately," Nikhil said nervously.

"Sorry it's because I've been busy with all this work," I said in a rough voice.

"Dude I know whats been bothering you... It's the nightmare you see everyday," Nikhil said.

"It's been haunting me everyday since the last ten years," I said in a scared voice.

"I know how it feels to lose your parents I've felt it," Nikhil said sadly.

"Just forget about it we should go out and eat dinner later today," I said.

"Sounds good bro," Nikhil said Happily.

I was left in distress what just happened. I never like to get Nikhil upset because he helps me throughout life at points when I want to quit. Sometimes I just feel like my life isn't the way it was suppose to be. It was suppose to be better than this. I need to turn my life around because if I don't I will always be stuck in the past.