Chapter 4: The Diary

I started to put the pages together at the office. The construction workers left and they asked for hefty fee of six thousand dollars. But I didn't really care because that wasn't important to me. What was important to me was putting the pages together and reading them. What I didn't understand was why were these papers under the tiles. Was my mother and father trying to hide these papers from someone or something. I didn't really know but this diary might have the explanation to that question. While I putting the book together someone was calling me on my phone. It was the employee from the coffee shop. I decided not to awnser him because I needed to get this done before noon. I couldn't let little things distract me and get in my way. I finally finished putting the parts together. I got the stapler and stapled it so any parts wouldn't slip out. I was really excited and curious to know why my parents were hiding things from me like the vault. I read and the first two sentences said "Hey this is James and Martha Goldman. Whoever is reading this book will know about out our lives and the secrets lying beneath us." I read the first two sentences and it made me think like if anyone read this book my parents wouldn't even care but I didn't mind. I read the first three pages it said how they met and where they met and how they started the Syracuse Enterprises. Until it got to a part that involved me in it. My parents wrote "After building they Syracuse Enterprises we went on to have a kid named Arc. It was a start of a true family." So right when they built company they had me. It's like taking care of two new born babies. But the other one is just a company. I guess my parents had a hard time taking care of me and the company. I decided to put the diary away and a early afternoon dinner. While I was eating dinner I was thinking of how to fix things with Nikhil. I couldn't stop worrying about him cause he's my only friend. He's always been standing by me. I just wanted to go to his house and tell him sorry for what happened and always being so depressed. But I couldn't I didn't have balls to do it. But it wasn't an option it was either to forget about him or become friends have a fun time together again like the old days. I decided to go to house. First of all his house want rich as mine. He didn't own a million dollar company like me. But his house wasn't boring as mying he wasn't a loner. He lived with a old woman and his girlfriend Stacey. Even though he didn't billion dollar company he had life to look forward to his life wasn't plain like mying. I decided to knock on the door. It was that old woman that awnsered.

"Is Nikhil here ma'am," I said.

"Yea he's here I'll call him for you," The old woman said.

The woman yelled at Nikhil to come downstairs he finally walked up to the door.

"Hey what are you doing here," Nikhil said.

"I came here to fix things dude. I'm sorry what happened at the restraunt
the other day dude it was my bad," I nervously said.

"Hey chill I ain't pissed about it come inside I'm watching the Real Madrid game," Nikhil excitingly said.

"Ay do you want to go somewhere tommorow like to six flags just me and you," I said.

"Sounds good bro pick me up at three," Nikhil said.

We were just chilling watching the game until one of our favorite soccer players Gareth Bale scored. We got up and started cheering and dancing and having fun. I finally left Nikhil's house and this time I liked how the night ended with him. We had fun and we were going to have more fun tomorrow at Six Flags. I decided to start reading the diary just right when I got home. I wanted to tell Nikhil about the diary but I think it isn't a good idea for right now because he's still going to say your still stuck in the past after your parents death. Which I am still. I just can't resist it loosing my parents was the worst part of my life. I couldn't do anything about it and they died in front of me. It still haunts me each and every day. I decided to start reading the diary most of it was about how they were taking care of me. But then there was this one part came that was very important. It said that my parents found a map to where rare gold is hidden which costs one billion dollars. So I think my parents put the gold in the vault. I continued reading and it said they built the vault for the map so they could put in there. So they built this big vault for just one piece of paper. But the paper or the map would cost around a million something. I think my parents made a good decision just putting the map in there because if they brought gold in to the house the people would probably start noticing and it would cause big problem. One thing still remained what was the password. It didn't say in diary. I think my parents didn't intend on giving the password to anyone even me. Well I don't really even care about the gold because it doesn't mean nothing to me. I already have all the money I need in the world. But I knew someday I would find out that five digit pass code. I was really happy for tomorrow because me and Nikhil were going to have a good time and I didn't want nothing to get in the way. I didn't really feel like sleeping so I went downstairs to eat something. I turned on television and I put in on channel 4 news. I took out cereal and milk because there was nothing else to eat. I heard the news since the T.V was so loud. The news reporter was talking and he said "Over the last ten years The Syracuse Enterprises has fallen no money stock no popularity. Since James and Martha Goldman passed away it was passed on to their son. He hasn't really done a good job should the company be closed down?" I hated what the reporter said like if he knew how to run a company. I changed the channel and started watching soccer as I was eating my cereal. What the reporter said ruined my day I was so mad that I would've punched that reporter and go to prison happy. But I ain't going to let a reporter bring me down. I went back up stair as I finished my cereal. I already took out the clothes I was going to wear today since it was already four thirty in the morning. I didn't really feel like sleeping and I wasn't tired either. I didn't really like sleeping the past ten years because of those nightmares I still have about my parents. I started to work on my work for Syracuse. I was falling behind on my work for the company. I needed to step it up. I was finally catched up on my work and it was already 11 I had to take Nikhil to Six Flags today. I got up went to shower and put some hot water on. I was done showering and I started taking out my clothes. I took out a Real Madrid shirt and black jogger. I went down stairs and first time in ten years I looked alive again. Today I decided to drive my dads Lamborghini. It hasn't been used in a long time. I got in the car scent still smelled fresh since the day he bough it. I started driving and then I thought to myself these cars are not supposed to be used like this. So I started driving so fast that I couldn't see nothing. I when past a red light and cars started honking at me. I finally got to Nikhils house . I started honking he came out. I was happy to see him. But then he was yelling at someone to hurry up. It just had to be it was his girlfriend. The Lamborghini is not for three people its for two people.

¨Ayy dude I brought a Lamborghini I didn't know your girlfriend was going,¨ I said.

¨Its cool dude lets just go in my mini van,¨ Nikhil said.

I was kind of mad when he was taking his girlfriend. This day was just suppose to be me and him. But I guess it wasn't anymore since I had to be the third wheeler. We all sat in the mini van Nikhil told me to drive. And him and his girlfriend sat in the back. The whole time I didn't even talk to them it was only him and his girlfriend talking. It was really pissing me off because I didn't have the day that I was expecting to have. We got to Six Flags finally and I got off the car.

¨Ayy dude lets go to the Giant Dipper roller coaster,¨ Nikhil said

¨Lets go babe,¨ his girlfriend Stacey said.

¨Alright lets go before the line gets filled,¨ I said.

We standing in the line and it was a 20 minute wait. Nikhil and girlfriend were like tickling each other and having while I was just standing there. To be honest I think I never really talked to his girlfriend and I know we both don't like each other. We finally got to the ride and it was only a seat of two and they both sat next to each other. I just sat behind them with no one. I was loner. The roller coaster was about to start. My heart started beating I kind of got scared. The ride started. We were going up and the ride dipped so fast I could even breathe. But then it started to feel good. The wind was blowing at me. i felt like I was the king of the world. The ride was finished. I told Nikhil and them to go without I would catch up because I was hungry. Well I wasn't even hungry I just lied to them so I don't have to third wheel with them. I went to the bar out outside of Six Flags. It was called Sam's Beer. I got a Heineken. I haven't had beer since a year. The last time I had it is when the day my parents died last year. I heard whisper's around the room they all seemed to look at me. Some guy came up to me and said "Are you the son of James and Martha Goldman."
"I am," I replied. "Sorry for your parents death son it's sad to lose your parents they changed my life when I was drunk bastard," The man said. I realized everyone in this use to have or still have a messed life. Nikhil texted and he said "Where are you were leaving now." I went and I met up with him I didn't want to drive since I was drunk so I told him to drive. I told him just to drop me home and I would pick up my car later. He dropped me home and I straight hit the bed since I was so tired of this bullshit day. I got phone call it was the guy from the Coffee shop. I didn't pick up his call last time but I did this time.
"Hello," I said.

"Hey Sir I found out who the old man is," He said.

"Who," I said loudly.

"His name is Alfred Di Stephan he's old man that is attached to your company he's to saying your name since he saw you," He replied.

"What!! it can't be no way," I said shocked.