Chapter 10

"Alec!" Zephyr called from down the hall. I turned and smiled at her. "So we have a three day weekend, and the party is tomorrow night, obviously I'm sleeping over after." 

"Of course, wanna come over at like 6?"

"Why of course." She pulled open the locker and slide her books in. "So how's things with the fiance?"

"Well, I caught Lydia in his house. In a towel, asking for pajamas."  Zephyr made a face that said 'I'll kill them.

"DID YOU PUNCH HER THEN CUT OFF HIS PENIS?" About 5 boys turned to us wide eyed in terror.

I grabbed her arm. "No, but I told him if he ever wanted anything  from the marriage, including sex he would have to win me over."

"You use your vagina to your advantage girl. Why don't you make him jealous?" She leaned against a wall and crossed her arms.

"How?" 

"Flirt with other guys."

"Oh yea, that's easy!" I rolled my eyes. "No one at this school is interested in me."

"That's so not true. I could name five now, one who is coming this way."

I looked where she was pointing, all I saw was a group of foot ball players walking towards us. "Who?"

"Jake! Duh." I looked at her wide eyed, she nodded her head. "It obvious," Jake stopped at his locker. "Now's your chance, Ryder is coming!" She shoved me towards Jake. "Go flirt!"

Why was I even doing this? I still didn't want to marry Ryder. I still thought he was a ass. And yet here I was swaying my hips as I walked over to Jake, trying to make him jealous. I walked through his group of friends. "Hi Jake."

He looked over at me and closed his locker. "Hey there Alec, those jeans make your legs look great." He leaned his shoulder on one of the lockers.

"Thanks." I saw Ryder, and he was looking right back. I ran my hand down his arm. "Your arms look great in this shirt, it really defines them." I bite my lip.

"Well you know I do work out." 

I felt my phone go off. 'Where the hell are you?' -Ranger

"Who's that?" He nodded to my phone.

"Bodyguard." He look at me confused. "Dad has money." I giggled "But I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow night." As I went to leave his friends parted like the red sea.

Zeph skip/ran up to me. "That was great."

I felt a hand grab my back pocket. "Leave."

"No." Zephyr replied placing her hands on her hips.

"Zephyr I need to talk to her, you can see her before the party." She glared and walked away. The hand moved from my pocket grabbing my arm and spinning my arm to face him. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Serious about what Ryder?"

"Being all over Jake."

"I was just talking to him." I stated innocently.

"Batting your eye lashes, feeling his arm biting your lip, talking my ass." He grabbed my other arm and pulled me closer. "Listen, stay away from him."

"Oh, please Ryder, Jake is harmless."

"Why don't you ask your lovi-"

"Let her go Thorne." Ranger's voice boomed. Ryder glared over but let me go. "In the car, Alec."

~~~

Later that night

Fly me to the moon was echoing through Uncle Sean's house. We sat at the table after dinner, cups of coffee were in front of us. Ryder was next to me, Uncle Sean and his new girl, Jill. "You guys make a great couple." Jill smiled, she was a red head with the voice of a blond.