six

"You must be just as crazy as her." Lukas shook his head, leaning against the counter with crossed arms.

"I don't think she's crazy." Isaac shrugged simply, carefully wrapping the food in plastic wrap. "Just, different."

"Don't tell me you belive all that ghost crap?" He snorted, looking at him in disbelief."

"All I know, is that she isn't crazy." He countered, putting the food into the bag. He unclipped his name tag and slid it down to Lukas, shooting him a grin and crossing the counter. "I'll be back."

"Have fun, I guess." Lukas chuckled, grabbing the tag and shoving it in his pocket. He watched as Isaac left the shop and walked down the road through the window, shaking his head once more. "If he keeps this up he'll end up fallin' in love with the damn girl."

It only took Isaac about five minutes to make it to her shop, walking in through the door as Elaine handed someone their change with a smile. Once she saw him her face fell, the girl letting out a long sigh.

"I know, I know you turned me down, but this a friendly peace offering." Isaac held up the bag in defense, making her roll her eyes with a smile.

"Let him stay. Let him stay." Allison chanted loudly, dancing around them in excitement.

"Très bien." Elaine sighed, propping her chin on her hands. "What have you brought?"

"Well, I realized all I know how to make is sandwiches, so I made those." He began, walking over to the counter and unloading the bag. "And they came out terrible, so Lukas made some instead."

"Sounds about right." She giggled, the boy feigning mock offense as he moved one of the chairs. She grabbed one of the sandwiches and carefully unwrapped the botched plastic wrap job. "I'm going to guess you wrapped them?"

"I tried my best, that's what counts." Isaac defended, unwrapping his own and taking a bite. "Props to Lukas, this is amazing."

"He said, with a full mouth." Allison groaned, smacking her forehead. "C'mon Isaac!"

Elaine let out a burst of laughter, quickly covering her mouth. He raised an eyebrow and took another bite, this time chewing and swallowing before speaking again.

"What?"

"Nothing, but uh, you have some mustard right about here." She laughed, gesturing around her mouth. He wiped at his face, completely missing it. "You're a mess, hold on."

She rooted in one of her drawers on the other side of the counter, pulling out a thing of tissues. Isaac sat still as she wiped it off quickly, pulling away as soon as she finished.

"You could have just wiped it off with your hand or something." Isaac chuckled, setting down his food. Realization hit him as she shook her head, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "Are you afraid to touch me?"

"I just don't like to touch people very often." Her eyebrows furrowed, taking a bite of her sandwich to avoid the conversation.

Isaac stood up without a word, moving around the counter to Elaine's side. She stared up at him in fear, staying planted in her seat. Allison watched with wide eyes, the girl growing giddy as she grinned.

"Up."

"Isaac, I don't understa-" He didn't let her finish, pulling her out of her chair and into a hug. Elaine locked up immediately, keeping her arms by her sides.

"That's not so bad, is it?" He asked, the girl nodding in response.

"It is when your entire family is staring at me." She squeaked, Isaac hearing her heart rate speed up rapidly. "Isaac, please let go. Every emotion they're feeling, everything they want to say is hitting me and I can't do it."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." He let go, the girl taking in a deep breath. "We can work on that. Only if you want to."

"Elaine, let him help." Allison caught her attention, Elaine looking over at her with uncertainty. "C'mon."

"Yeah." The small girl nodded slowly, turning back to look at Isaac and giving him a small smile. "Why not?"

Isaac just nodded in confirmation, Allison grinning all the while.

___________________________________________

Not edited

Babies 😭

I have so many things planned omfg

SHOUT OUT TO HANNA FOR THIS GIF OMDUHED

Vote and Comment

Xx