Prologue

"You know you wanna kiss me." He whispered with that stupid signature smirk.

I almost shuddered as his breath fanned over the sweet spot of my neck. I tried to regain my composure before stating with a more steady tone, "I'd rather be dead!"

Everyone expect Death to be someone utterly evil, vulgar and merciless. They surely didn't picture him to be a sex God at the age of eighteen, who wanted nothing more than to be a normal teenage boy. Death had always wanted to know what it's like to really be alive. Looking up to Earth each day, he developed some type of crush to a beautiful mortal. He made a wish with the Witch to come to Earth and meet the girl, but he didn't expect to cross paths with, in his opinion, the most annoying and confusing thing since Math - Avery Foster.

Sooner, he realized that life on Earth wasn't as easy as it seemed. However, coming back Hell became a challenge for him too. His father, the Devil himself decided that this should be the best chance to test his son. In order to return home, Death would have to take away the soul of someone he loved sincerely. Problem was, Death had no idea what love felt like nor he understood it. He only knew one thing, if there was anyone he'd love to kill sincerely, it'd be Avery. Little would he find out, when he did fall for her, he would never have the guts to kiss the girl he loved.

HE'S A DEATHLY KISSER

Prologue

Death stared at the waterfall with hands in his pockets. In the bloody stream revealed the view of Earth. He had been gazing those people's every move for hours, but unfortunately he could not hear any of the sounds on the other side. His eyes glinted of happiness as he caught the sight of her. The girl he had been watching for weeks now. She was at the same spot by the school's statue with her friends.

Her straight blonde hair flew with the wind as she put the strands behind her ears. Death wished he could, for once, touch that silky hair of hers. She was certainly the most beautiful mortal he had ever seen. Death seemed to lost in a daze that he didn't notice the Witch, Samara standing right next to him since when.

"Fantasizing about Blondie again?" She giggled, flipping her blood red curls as Death finally had took notice to another presence. She continued in a mocking voice, "Next thing we know, you'd start jerking off at the spot."

Death rolled his eyes, "What do you want, Samara?" He didn't really care anyways. He just wanted her stayed away from him at least ten feet.

"Oh, should I be asking you that? What do you wish, Death?" She mimicked, trailing her slim finger down his chest, but Death took a hold of it without hesitant. "I don't go for cougars." He smirked before letting go of her hand.

Samara faked an offended gasp, "I think I age pretty well, thank you very much. And I'm only a hundred years older than you." She smiled sweetly before sighing and turning to the waterfall again. She could never understand why Death loved Earth so much. That girl was not even that pretty, she wouldn't hold a candle against the Witch, not that Samara was jealous or anything.

"Let me guess, the lovesick Death wants to meet his little Blondie. Correct?"

Death opened his mouth to reply, but decided against it. There was no use to continue this dreadful conversation. Instead, he shot back sternly, "None of your business." Samara was a tricky witch, her coming here, he had already sensed something fishy. "And if I really do want to, what would you do about it?" But curiosity killed the cat. For someone who had lived hundreds of years, Death was still quite naïve.

"I knew it! It's not that hard to tell, really. You look bored to death here, Death. Everyone knows that you don't belong here. Truthfully, we all think you're not heartless enough to even be named so." She taunted, giggling as she watched Death's eyes narrowed.

His hand shot to her neck, gripping it until no air could enter. Samara grabbed his wrist, gasping when Death whispered threateningly into her ear, "Don't test me, Samara. I'm not in the mood for your crap! I know my brother sent you here to tick me off." And finally dropped her fragile body to the ground. Samara rubbed her throat and felt the soreness burning. She smirked. It seemed like Death had gotten smarter a bit.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." She muttered, but when he caught the sight of the waterfall. Blondie with someone else's arms wrapped around her waist. Her smirk widened. "Oh, I see. Are you jealous, Death? No wonder. That guy is pretty hot, too. His soul might be tasty." She licked her dry lips.

Death kept quiet. He knew there was no point arguing with Samara. Rage and jealousy was burning in his chest. He never wanted anything more than to slaughter that guy's head and feed it to the hounds. Samara noticed Death's hands had balled into tight fists. A bulb lighted in her head that brought a mischievous smile to her face.

"I was serious, though Death. You don't seem so happy here. I get why. With your father nagging about your "too-nice" behavior, your own brother fighting for the heir position and having to watch your dream girl from afar, if it was me, I'd be running off to Earth to escape this place." Death's ears perked up at her words.

"What do you have in mind, Samara?"

"I'm sure you've thought about this. How about a vacation to Earth?" She suggested. "I'll help you cover the tracks when it comes to your Father." Her voice came barely in a whisper. Nobody should say the Devil's name out loud. Unless they had a death wish.

Death seemed to be in deep thoughts. He knew better, but the idea was very tempting. He hadn't gone to Earth since 1840. At least he knew some useful information, thanked to some research and his own observation. Plus, Samara wouldn't do anyone a favor unless it was his brother, the Witch worshipped his ground since he saved her family from the incident three-hundred years ago. This probably one of his doing's too.

"Come on, Death. You know you want to. Think about Blondie-" His sober thoughts faded away instantly, replaced by pictures of the girl. All these time, he wouldn't have to watch from afar, he could actually see her, touch her and be noticed by her. "-You want to be with her, do you? All you have to do is command, Death. I'll be at your service..." She smiled, bowing down slightly at his feet.

Death gulped and barely nodded his head. Samara smiled evilly, "You called, your majesty?" She raised her hands, working on some magic. Immediately, the sight of Earth blurred and swirled in the hurricane. The water streamed faster and the wind blew so hard you could be lifted you off your feet. Death knew he was going to make a bad call, but he had to, he had never wanted anything so badly in his life. He stated, "Take me to Earth." And squeezed his eyes shut, feeling the wind swept his body away, into the hurricane.

Death felt a lightning strike down at him lightly before hearing the ground crumble. He could sense that he had made it there. Earth. He opened his eyes and gladly found himself in the middle of a cemetery. The clouds cleared away, revealing the bluest shade he had ever seen. His eyes were pretty sensitive to the brightness, thanked to living in the dark Underworld for centuries. Since such a long time ago, Death could actually feel the sunlight burning his skin, the pure smell of fresh grass and the sounds of nature without having to imagine them all. He almost let out a Tarzan-like whoop if there wasn't somebody else, staring at him with their mouth hanging open.

He turned to find a gaping old lady, who was probably having a heart attack. The wrinkles by her eyes were stretched as her eyes widened out of their sockets. The only thing that, she wasn't gawking at his face. He glanced downwards to find himself without a piece of cloth. "Oh..." His hands shot to his crotch. "Err, do you have any-" The lady passed out on him before he could finish the sentence.

"Holy Hell..." Death knew this was a bad idea. But, again, he also knew that it was worth the try.