Chapter 4 Our big meeting at the Pryce's home.

• Dedicated to josh whedon and the cast of both series

Chapter 4

Our big meeting at the Pryce’s home.

            After I meet Willow at home, we head for the airport to catch the plane to London. This is where we are going, to meet up with Buffy, the girls, and Xander at the Pryce home. The four hour plane ride goes by faster than I expect, but the chat I have with Willow is more in lighting as ever. As we debark from the plane my phone rings. Buffy is on the line, “Well are you there yet? Or are you on the plane still? We made it here about a half an hour ago.” I reply to her in the order that she told me, “Yes, we are here, we just got off the plane and are walking to the customs desk. We will meet you all there.” The next thing I hear is loud screams from Dawn, “Giles, Willow over here!!!!”

             ‘I bet the entire airport heard that, but this is Dawn Summers’ I think to myself. Next is a rush of air coming out of my lungs as she tackles us, and we almost hit the floor? I manage to say, “Ok Dawn, I know you missed us but it hasn’t been that long has it?” she just giggles. Buffy and Neva are trying to pry Dawn loose from around our shoulders, as Willow and I are laughing at how tight of a grip she has on us. She is now one of the slayers. And I helped train her, but damn she is too strong for her and our own good.

            “After two years this is the first visit we have had and it is to London, Buffy wouldn’t tell me anything, so let’s have the dish as they say nowadays.” Dawn says to me. “Let’s find a car so we can meet up with Xander, and you can ride up front with me while I tell you what I know so far, deal?” Dawn smiled brightly as she nodded and said, “Deal, Giles but you better tell me everything.” So as we get done at the customs desk and retrieve our luggage, Buffy says, “I have a car outside, let’s go.” When we get to the car I take the drivers’ side and open the door for the girls first then get in behind the wheel. Dawn get in the front seat, while Buffy gets in behind her.

            And we set off on the hour long drive to the Pryce’s house. The chatter in the back seat stays to a low tone, as Dawn and I talk about what all I know about what has happened. I try to leave out about Angel’s possible son, when Willow blurts it out to Buffy. “Did you know that Angel may have a son, Buffy?” there is a chorus of, “What are you talking about Willow?” from Buffy and the others. I mentally groan ‘Oh shit now the shit is going to hit the fan.’ But I say, “Willow that may not have been a good way of shocking them. I was going to wait and ask Conrad about that after we got here.”

            “What, Why should she not know before we go?” then she sees that Buffy, Dawn and Neva are turning blue from lack of breathing. “Oh my God, breathe you three. I am so sorry.” She tries to pat both Buffy and Neva to help them recover from her shocking news, as I pat Dawn. Buffy recovers first, to which I regret now more than anything, “What the hell Giles, how the hell does Angel have a son and from who? You should have pulled me off to the side to tell me that before we left the airport.” She screams at me from the backseat. “One we are not sure that he does have a son, two I don’t know the how or who part yet, but I was going to find out as soon as I asked Conrad. That is why I didn’t tell you first, and Willow had a vision before we met to get on the plane. So you know as much as I do right now.” I tell Buffy in a soothing voice, as to not anger her anymore that she was already.

            She took a breath and looked at Willow with a sad look in her eyes; Willow just hugged her tightly and whispered something that was for her ears only. I turn on Queens’ Blvd. to get to the Pryce’s house, we go up the road for about six blocks and I turn right onto a driveway that leads to the old but large castle like home. The girls all say “Wow that place is big and a beautiful house.” I just shrug my shoulders and say, “Wesley may not agree with you remember this, Conrad can be a bit over bearing and abrasive.”