16

"Niall stop ringing the doorbell you have a key to get into the house! You woke up- Greg?!" Louis slammed the door shut and placed Kaia back in her crib and took a deep breath bfore opening up the door again. "What are you doing here? I thought you were dead."

"Lou please let me explain."

"Explain what?! Do you know what Niall would do if he knew you were alive, if he knew you lied to us?! This past year has been hell for him because of you and it turns out to have all been fake!" Louis hissed.

"He already knows, I- uh, ran into him the other day. He ran away at first but then he allowed me to explain. He's actually the one that convinced me to come over here." Louis was beyond pissed but if Niall could forgive Greg then he could at least allow Greg to explain.

"Lou is that Ni- Greg?" Jay said in shock as she came down the stairs with Kaia in her arms.

"Who's that?" Greg said, looking at the little girl.

"That's my daughter Kaia."

"You have a daughter?" Greg said in shock.

"Yeah, you missed a lot."

"I know" Greg said shamefully. "I have an explanation though." Jay and Louis sat on the couch while Greg sat opposite them on a chair as he explained everything he explained to Niall. "I'm so sorry for everything I've put you guys through but it was all to protect you."

"Greg, I can't say I forgive you yet because we almost lost Niall because of you but I do want you back in my life and I want you in Kaia's. I've missed you and I don't want to be away from you any more."

"Get out"

"W-what?" Greg choked out as he looked at Jay who was seething with anger.

"Get. Out!"

"B-but mum..."

"No, Greg I love you and I always will but at this moment you're not welcome in my house. Niall may have allowed you back into his life but I can't. When I thought we had lost you I grieved for so long and in that process I lost another son. Niall kept it together for so long but when he finally cracked and I saw how broken he was I knew he wasn't the same little boy I raised. He became a completely different person who didn't even see a purpose in life any more. I was so afraid he was going to kill himself, he almost did. I was constantly on edge. He would have been fine if you didn't pull this stunt Greg. I understand that it was to protect us and thank you for that but there were so many different ways you could have gone about this that wouldn't have caused this kind of damage. You didn't even think about what this could have done to us!"

"Mum no I-I did."

"No you didn't because if you truly thought about it then you wouldn't have done it. Maybe one day I'll let you come around and visit but I can't have you here. I've went through the mourning process for the past year thinking I'd lost my son and then you just come back and expect everything to be okay? It doesn't work that way. You'll always be my son, I love you so much and I'm thrilled that you're alive but I need time okay? I promise I'll contact you when I'm ready and I'm not going to stop you from seeing Louis or Niall, that's their decision, but you just can't come here for right now." Louis had excused himself awhile ago to give them privacy. Both Jay and Greg were in tears by this point.

"O-Okay mum. I love you." He hesitated then leaned forward and kissed her cheek before looking around the room once more then leaving the house.

Okay short chapter but at least I updated. My laptop is dying and my charger broke....I can only get this kind of charger online and it takes a few weeks to ship so hopefully I can find another way to update or else I won't be on for a few weeks :'(

QOTC: Do you think Jay was right to have had the reaction that she did? Why or why not?