Chapter Six

I really needed to sort out my priorities.

I basically just ran off with a milkshake on my hand which, of course, would make me run slower.

I turned back to look at Mason, which was obviously a bad idea since he picked up my pace and was running towards me already. He wasn't able to stop himself from bumping into me, which resulted to the both of us falling down with him on top of me.

Not just because of the coldness of my milkshake on my shirt, I held in my breath. Both of us just stared at each other, and I admit that he looked handsomer up close. I noticed his little freckles on his cheeks and his mesmerizing green eyes, which were wide open.

He didn't bother standing up, and I didn't bother telling him to stand up. I didn't know why I couldn't speak, it was like I lost my voice and all I could do was stare at him.

I watched as his eyes flickered to my lips and as much as I tried to control my eyes, it flickered to his too. It was like I lost control of my eyes.

His lips do look kissable, I thought.

Stop it, you have a boyfriend! I scolded myself.

With all my power, I managed to snap out of it. "Uh, Mason, could you, uh—" I stuttered. His eyes widened in realization and quickly stood up.

He lent me hand and I took it, standing up. My precious milkshake was all over my shirt and chocolate frosting was still smeared on our faces.

"Sorry," he muttered, looking down. My eyes grew wide to see that his cheeks were red.

Mason Daniels was blushing. He was actually blushing.

I never thought that I would ever see this rude boy blushing.

I don't know why, but seeing him blushing like that made feel so gushy and girly inside and that rarely occurred to me, even when I was with Levi.

"Um, it's okay. Let's go head back to the villa." I blushed, attempting to wipe the milkshake off my shirt.

Mason sighed and grabbed something in his pocket; a handkerchief. He handed it to me and I grabbed it, muttering a thanks.

"And now, my perfectly made milkshake was wasted," I pouted, trying to light up the mood. His lips twitched into a smile again as he shook his head at me.

"We'll just buy another one next time," he promised.

I smiled giddily. So there was a next time.

I couldn't wait for that next time.

My giddy smile turned upside down. Why was I even excited that we would hang out sometime again?

Probably because I wanted more time to make him smile. Yeah, that was it.

We walked in comfortable silence, our arms brushing each other's. His skin touching mine, even if it was just for a short moment, made my heart beat faster.

Tomorrow was our last day here, and then the day after that, I would have to go back there. My happy days would be over, and I would have to suffer his wrath.

Even thinking of that made my eyes fill up with tears. I took a deep breath and blinked my tears back. I discreetly wiped my wet eyes with his handkerchief.

Mason furrowed his eyebrows at me. "What is it with you and your mood swings?"

"I do not have mood swings!" I denied loudly. He didn't look surprised or bothered at my sudden outburst.