Ch. 2

The car ride was long with an endless amount of the boy band music that I have admittedly become fond of. I still think the whole thing is overrated but I would be lying if I said I couldn't stand the voices of the five boys. Or is it four? I can't keep up.

Not to mention they are all pretty hot.

We finally have arrived at our hotel in the downtown area of Denver, just a few blocks from where the concert starts in 3 hours.

Oh man I should probably get ready, we are going to have to be there early if we don't want to shove our way through hundreds of screaming girls to the front row seats my college savings paid for.

I instantly regain my anger towards my fucked up family. Who do they think they are breaking into the only thing I had left? The only thing that my dad left me when he passed away. It's only been 6 months and my vile mother has managed to burn everything my father stood for to the ground. Her new boyfriend moved in just a month after the funeral, my father wasn't the only person that died this year. I did. Two days after Todd moved in he showed me just how awful a person can be.

You see, Todd was not satisfied with my just my mother. He wanted me too and if there's one thing I have learned it's that he gets what he wants.

But not any more. I refuse to continue to be treated like an animal, like I'm nothing. I was born to be so much more than what my life has been turned into and I have no clue in the world how I'm going to make it on my own but nothing can be worse than what I am leaving behind.

"Adelaide! The concert starts in an hour and you aren't even dressed, let's go!!" my step sister yelled while splattering neon paint on her friend.

"You guys go ahead and go, I'll meet you there. Wouldn't want to deprive you of your English boytoys any longer." I said

"Ohmygod seriously how many times do I have to tell you that Niall is IRISH." she scoffed as they walked out the door of our hotel room.

"Yeah yeah, whatever" I whispered to myself. I can't explain how relieved I am that I will never see her smug little face again.