Chapter 6

I have been dating Cole for a month, and he is almost like I imagined. He's cute, nice, thoughtful. But, not the brightest. He is actually kind of stupid. Well, I shouldn't say stupid, it's just that he has a hard time continuing any type of conversation.

Lacey has really helped me this past month. I feel like a completely different person, I feel good. The only bump in the road so far was last night. Yesterday was Cole and I's one month anniversary. We want to his house to watch a movie and have some pizza, but things got a little heated. I realized that if I wanted to be a new person, I needed a new view on relationships. So, I decided to preserve my virginity.

I'm so excited for tonight. Tonight is Lacey's birthday, and she is throwing a huge party. It's the first party that I have been invited to by someone other than my sister. Lacey already picked out my dress, but I wasn't allowed to look at it until now. I unzip the cover to find the most perfect dress I have ever seen. It's dark purple, with three buttons down the center of the torso. It's strapless, soft, and absolutely stunning.

After my shower I put on my dress and some plain black flats. I grab Lacey's present and run out the door to Cole's car.

Once I'm at the party, I see our entire grade dancing and eating snacks. But, as the sky turns darker, so does the party. I can smell pot, and I can hear people screaming "CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!" I go to find Lacey and Cole to tell them I'm leaving.

"But you were supposed to sleep over tonight!" Lacey whines.

"I'm sorry, maybe another time. I really need to leave."

Cole offers to drive me home, but he is obviously enjoying himself, and it's not that far a walk if I cut through the forest. I wish Lacey another happy birthday and kiss Cole goodbye.

Walking through the forest isn't so bad. I mentally high-five myself for choosing flats. I am about to text my mom that I am on my home, when I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Cole, I told you I was fine," I start, turning around. But it wasn't Cole.

It was Dylan.