Choking on their halos

Kevin was next.
He wasn't all that bad. But he was smart. And needed to go.
I showed up at his apartment around 12 a.m. This wouldn't be easy.
He was on the 12th floor. Somehow I managed to climb over the gate to the parking lot. I started walking up the the steps. The cameras were only on the inside areas of the building. So I just out my hood on when I went up the stairs. I knocked on the door.
He opened. "Hey," he was pretty upset, on the verge of crying. "Come on in."
"What brings you here." "Guess." I said. He smiled. "We all loved patrick, he didn't live long enough life. I wish he was still alive." He couldn't make eye contact. That didn't help.
I stood up. "So is that the only reason you came?"

"I just wanted to say bye." "wha-" I threw my fist at him as fast as I could. "What is this?" He was leaning on the back of the couch. He stood up to run away. I tried to chase after him.
He grabbed a knife from the kitchen. I picked up a vase by the refrigerator. I slammed it against the counter top. He lunged at me. "What have you become!" I barely dodged. "Me?" I swung upwards creating a large cut across his chest. "I'm your worst nightmare." With one final swing I opened a slit across his neck. After a moment of shock he fell to the ground.

"Whoa, where did the party go?"

I walked away