Chapter 19

Chapter 19

She woke up to clanging noises downstairs, and Weasley's hushing at each other. She looked beside her, Adrian wasn't there. Hermione choked back the mild feeling of panic, knowing that he had probably gone downstairs for breakfast before she had woken up. She heard a hesitant knock at the door, and sighed. Pulling herself out of bed, she opened the door to let the youngest Weasley into the room. Ginny smiled.

“Mum wants you downstairs, you can get changed if you want, just don't take too long. Mum will get impatient.” Hermione sighed as Ginny left the room, wondering what the fuss was all about. She could still hear the others downstairs fussing at each other, Molly trying to shut everyone up. Hermione slowly changed, and stepped out of the bedroom door.

Hermione pulled her hair back slowly as she was walking downstairs to the kitchen, where all of the Weasley's had been sitting, waiting for her to come downstairs. And what's more surprising was that Severus stood there, holding Adrian's hand. Adrian struggled, and finally managed to pull away from Severus, and ran to his mother. His happy face smiling away as she picked him up. Yes, he was seven years old, and yes he was a tad bit small for his age. She missed so much of his life, she didn't bother reminding herself that she was treating him like a four year old, coddlling him, and spoiling him.

Adrian put a hand on either side of her face, pulling her face to look at his, as he smiled. The people in the room tried to cover their giggles as the little boy wiggled around happily in his mothers arms.

“Happy Birthday Mummy,” he whispered in her face. Realization struck Hermione, as she tried to remember what day it was. Everyone in the room couldn't help but laugh now. Even Hermione had smiled as she sat down with the boy, and tickled him silly. Molly smiled at the screaming little boy, trying to get away from his mother's tickling hands, as she turned around and magically set the table, placing food along the center of the table, where everyone could grab what they wanted. She even had a cake waiting for Hermione, in the oven where she wouldn't find it. No one touched anything in her kitchen unless it was already cooked.

“Come on now, it's time to eat. Poor girl hasn't even gotten the chance to eat yet, and you are all already pestering her.” Each Weasley in the room looked up from sitting around her, and stood to go eat. Severus took Adrian from Hermione as she stood, and placed him in the chair between her and himself.

Arthur cleared his throat as he looked at Hermione. “Now, it may seem like we haven't gotten you a present, and I'll have you know, we have. They are just not here right now. We'll all go get them later.” Molly swatted him on the back of the head with her apron as she put it away, before taking her chair and eating along with the rest.

“You aren't supposed to tell her anything, Arthur. Including where they are, and that we've gotten something for her.”

“Oh, it's all right Mrs. Weasley, I don't expect anything. I had even forgotten it was even my birthday today.” Hermione smiled as she put food on her child's plate.

“Oh, don't be silly, you know how we are. Birthdays are a big deal, and holidays, and every other big occasion in between. It's even more important now since Fred.....” Molly trailed off, looking sad, and almost haunted. But she snapped herself back together. “Eat, all of you!” She insisted. Hermione listened, as did all the Weasley's, and Adrian. Severus just watched Mrs. Weasley carefully. He had grown fond of the matronly woman... annoyingly so. Though, when he noticed her glaring at him, he began to eat, only looking up at her again once. She was back to normal, though everyone knew, that she will never truly heal from the loss of her son. A parent should never have to bury a child. Which is why he understood Hermione's determination to keep Adrian in her sight at all times. Never to let him go.

Hermione was finished eating first, followed by the rest of them. She tried coaxing Adrian to finish his meal, he, like every other child, was determined to not have to eat their entire meal. Until Hermione said that they would stay home, while everyone else went out to wherever they had planned to go that day. Knowing that they weren't just going to stay at the Barrow all day. Which made Adrian eat everything on his plate, and grin up at his mother, his face an utter mess. Hermione laughed as she cleaned his face with her napkin, placing a small kiss on his forehead.

Hermione stood up, patting her son on his shoulder as he got down from his chair. “Go get dressed now, please.” She asked him, and he ran off upstairs to do as she asked.