Chapter 31: One Last Confrontation Part 2

Rydel POV

The steps scared the crap out of me. I don't want to break them and fall and- Rydel, you're overthinking again. I gotta stop overthinking. I lightly place my foot on the first step and it creaked a little. I take a deep breathe. I can do this. I quickly go up the steps and I sigh. I am okay. I didn't die. Congratulations, Rydel Mary Lynch you didn't die from a couple of stairs.

Now for the real challenge.

I walk and slowly open the front door. My eyes scan the room and I could spot Ross's curious brown eyes watching me. I sneak a smile at him and he does a thumbs up. I walk in and shut the door behind me. The house has a spiral staircase and some of the stairs looked broken. I see a light switch and try to turn on the overhead light. No flicker of such reached. I sigh and keep walking looking around. "Logan? Are you here?" I whisper. Suddenly, someone walks out of the dark corner of the room and I find myself holding my breath.

"Rydel, you really came," Logan's green eyes shined through the darkness. "You had no idea how much I missed you. Kelly is nothing compared to you." He puts a hand on my cheek and I shake my head. Then he slaps my cheek and grabs my chin to face his eyes. "If you don't let me love you, there'll not be anyone who will." He threatens me.

Ellington.

"I-I do have someone who loves me," I begin. "It's Ellington. It's always has been Ellington and it will always be Ellington, Logan. It'll never be-" I get interrupted when Rosie trips out of the corner of my eyes. Rocky follows behind her and quickly helps her up and escapes through a window. Logan starts turning around and I turn him to face me. "It'll never be you. I'm sorry, but let's face it: I'm no longer your rag doll. I have never been your rag doll and I'll never be." I finish and Logan takes a few steps back.

I couldn't tell what he was getting but it was in his pocket. "I told you if you didn't let me love you, then there will be no-" he was saying before a gun went off. He loos around then stomps over to me and grabs me by the throat and presses me to the wall. I. Can't. Breathe. "You're not alone! Who did you bring with you, Rydel?" He asks me. When I don't say anything, he bangs my head against the wall making me dizzy. "TELL ME!" He yells.

"Leave my sister alone!" Ross yells jumping in through the window and Logan gets go of my throat. I look at Ross and I begin to move forward when a arm wraps around my neck pulling me back to the wall. I turn to see Kelly and she's smirking.

"Let's get this over with." Logan's gun clicks and he points it towards Ross. He freezes in his steps and his eyes showed fear. He can't die. My brother isn't going to die. I slap Kelly's grip away and start forward when Kelly says something.

"I killed Rocky." She announces. I turn around and then I heard another bang. I close my eyes.

Rocky is dead.

Ross is probably dead I don't know.

Riker.. Riker. I spun around to see Logan in a pool of his own blood. Riker climbed inside from a window. Ross had a face of pure horror in his eyes. Riker clicks his gun once again and walks up to Kelly and holds a gun to her head.

"You deserve to die for everything you've done. You've been horrible to my baby sister. You've tried to seduce my sister's husband even when you guys broke up. Lastly, you killed my brother." Riker spats. Suddenly, Rosie runs inside with tears running down her cheeks.

I wrap my arms around her and I hug her tightly to me and she's bawling by now. "R-Rocky is bleeding." She mumbles. I look at her. "Is he alive?" I ask silently. She takes a moment to think then nods. "Take me." I say and she grabs my hand. Riker takes his gun away from Kelly. "You.. Stay away from my family. If you ever do anything agin, I'll kill you."

We all run out to follow Rosie to find Rocky.