Chapter 5: Awkward Glances and Frozen Dairy Romances

CHAPTER 5

*Holly's POV*

"Holly! Holly! Holly!"

A highpitched scream interrupted my dreams.

My little sister jumped on top of me, and I groaned in response.

What is she doing up so early?

"Holly! Wake up!" Claire continued to jump.

I pulled my blanket over my head.

"Okay..." Claire said and got off me.

I heard footsteps exit the room.

Good. She gave up.

THUD

I found myself tangled in my sheets on the floor, and I looked up to see my sister smiling down at me.

How is she up so early? We stayed awake pretty late last night, with me interrogating her about her new little friend, Jason.

"Holly you need to get up! I woke up early just for this!"

"What?" I yawned and scratched the back of my head.

"Okay. So..." Claire eagerly sat down on the floor next to me. "Last night, Aunt Caroline told me she had some errands to run like all day today! So... I thought that maybe we could go and explore! We could go to a park, have a picnic, or go shopping! Wouldn't that be fun?" She stood up and clapped her hands excitedly.

"Let's do it then!"

Claire helped me up, and I got ready for the rest of our day.

***

After exploring a few shops, we found that it was around 11 am. We walked to a nearby park, and sat down on a bench for a little while.

"This is really fun, Claire." I looked at my younger sister sitting next to me.

"It is! I still can't believe we are actually here! In Ireland!" Claire giggled excitedly.

I hear a loud rumble and both of our eyes fall to Claire's stomach.

"Oopsie Daisy. I'm a little hungry..." Claire looked embarrassed for a second, but then we both burst out in laughter.

"Look, Claire! There's an icecream truck!" I pointed my index finger towards a colorful vehicle playing music, and Claire's face lit up.

"Oooh! I loooove icecream!!"

"Haha the icecream loves you too. Y'all are perfect for eachother."

Claire and I both laugh, and as soon as we recovered Claire continued playing her role as the ice cream lover.

"Well I must go and rescue my true love in distress! What kind do you want?" Claire grabed her purse and dramatically stood up.

"Surprise me." I gave her a wink and she laughed.

"Okay! I'll be back!" She said and waved with a big grin on her face.

As I sat back on the bench, I took in my surroundings.

Beautiful trees were scattered all around the park, and there was a wide walkway running through it. Bright pink flowers poked out of the grass.

It really is lovely.

As I looked around, I noticed somebody wearing a gray sweatshirt up a hill on the walkway.

Well, not walking. He was just standing there.

Looking at... me?

The pretty cute guy in the gray sweatshirt smiled and I looked at him confused for a minute.