Apologizing

"Terra?" I whispered. "Terra?" A muffled groan was the only response I received. I knocked on her door softly. "Terra, I'm so sorry. I know why you're upset. Do you want to talk about it?" There was a long stretch of silence. Finally, the door flew open, causing me to let out a gasp of surprise.

     "You know?" She asked, wide-eyed. I nodded. "And you don't hate me?"

    "Why would I hate you, dork? It was rude of me not to tell you sooner," I said with a small grin, hoping she would forgive me. "I'm sorry I waited until now, but I just knew you'd freak out."

    Terra looked slightly disappointed. "It's okay. I forgive you."

    I smiled and wrapped her up into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry I made you cry. I never meant to hurt you. I love you; you know that, right?" Terra made a muffled grunt into my shoulder. "What was that?" She made another noise. "Hm?"

    "I know," she said finally, "I love you, too."

"Good. You had better," I said, finally releasing her, "Now, I'm making your favorite cookies so you better get your pouty butt in here and eat them." Terra rolled her eyes and shut her door. I heard a muffled groan on the other side and some shuffling before she emerged again, this time dressed properly.

    "Are you sure you remembered what my favorite is?" Terra mumbled. I rolled my eyes at her antics and turned to the oven. Once I pulled out the sheet of cookies and showed it to my overdramatic friend, she simply huffed and turned away. Of course I remembered her favorite; snicker doodle. "You've got a lot here," Terra observed in between bites of her cookie, "Going to invite your super sexy boyfriend over to eat some?"

    Was that a sour undertone I heard? I better ignore it.

    "I wasn't planning on it," I said as I wiped down the counter, "Why? Do you want me to?" Terra grunted and shook her head no. "That's what I thought."

    I heard Terra take a deep, shaky breath and immediately turned around. Her eyes were rimmed with red and she looked about ready to pass out. "Beth," she said breathily, sending a shiver through my body.

    "Yes?" I asked, nervously. I rung my hands. I'm not sure I want to hear what she has to say.

    "I have something that I need to-" her speech was cut off by a loud ringing noise coming from my back pocket. The sudden noise caused me to jump and gasp, but Terra only let loose a puff of air and begin to leave her chair. "Answer it. It's probably your dreamy boyfriend."

    I stared after her. That sounded cold. I couldn't think about it for too long, though. Another ring broke my trance and sent my hand flying for the green answer button. "Hello?"

    "Hey, babe. Things with Ter go alright?" That would be Peter. Terra was right.

I sighed. "You kind of interrupted the most interesting part. She's still mad, but also pretty upset."

"Girls are strange. I don't understand what there is to be mad about," he said. I heard muffled voices shouting and glasses clinking in the background.

"Hey, Pete, where are you?" I asked. Sounds like a bar.

"Oh, just a family dinner," he said smoothly. "Hey, Petey! Come play pool, we've got 500 in!" "I've got to go, babe. See you later," he said. His voice clipped off leaving my phone screen black. He was at a bar.

I sat down at the table and laid my head on my hands. Pete's at a bar and Terra doesn't want to be near me. What am I doing?