Ch.5

Coal's POV.

Her head lolled to my chest and I could tell she had passed out. I couldn't blame her she was bleeding everywhere. But she still looked pretty even though her hair was disheveled and her scrubs were covered in black blood.

I looked up to see bright lights shinning into the cave and the sound of helicopter blades. I scooped up 241 and stood up. I wish she had a name. I think she would be happy if she had one. I looked up and saw the women walking towards me. I hated her. She personaly captured me and stole me from my happy life as a free.. detached.. hawk. 

She walked until she was about 10 feet from me. I steadied my feet ready to fly out of the cave in an instant. But I was curious. I wanted to know what she wanted. But, you know, curiosity killed the cat.

I looked at the women. She was looking at me with intent. We stared each other down.

Finally she spoke. She said "If you hand over the girl we will let you go." "Why do you need her?""Weren't you just trying to kill her?" I asked. The women looked annoyed and kept pushing. "Give us the girl." "No" I said. 

"Fine" She said. "I guess we will have to kill you both then." She waved her hand and the doctors surged forward. 

I started running and collided with a doctor. I knocked him out with my head and keep running. I dodged the rest of the doctors. The women started firing her gun and one shot hit my shoulder. I kept running. 

I was not going to let her take 241 from me. I owed it to 241. She had already saved my life once. Time to repay the favor. 

The women kept shooting. I tried to dodge the bullets. They were gold so they hurt a lot. With 241 still in my arms I flew to the top of the cave tunnel ceiling. Then kept flying towards the exit. I flew out of the cave then went straight up into the clouds. Hopefully this would give me some cover.

I kept flying for what felt like hours. I dove out of the clouds to find some shelter. 241 was getting heavy. 

I landed on the ground and started walking. I had spotted a cave in between some rocks. What is it with caves? Are they the only thing around here? 

I walked to the back of the cave and started a fire with some broken branches and some rocks.

I had laided 241's head in my lap so I could tend to her wounds on her head. 

My shoulder hurt but I knew it would heal. I was worried for 241 she looked like she was in tremendous amounts of pain. Should i wake her? Too late. Her eyes opened and she groaned. 

"Where are we?" she asked. "A cave" I said. She said "Another one?" "God." I smiled. I had missed her attitude.

She sat up and turned to look at me. Her smile faded when she saw I was bleeding. She rushed over and put pressure on the wound. It really didn't hurt but I let her touch my shoulder. She had a concered look on her face and I heard her mutter "idiot." She grabbed some leaves from the ground and pushed them into my shoulder then tore off a peice of her sleeve and wrapped it around my shoulder. "Thank you" I said. She respond by a big sigh and said "we're not immortal you know". "I know" I said. She moved closer to the fire and sat cross-legged. I couldn't help but stare at her. She was beautiful in the fire light. (I was just being observant!) But she did look pretty. She was so concered with my wounds she had totally forgotten about hers. But I did see her touching her head and her wings and wincing. She kept staring at the fire though.

I stood up and walked over to her and sat down next to her. She was fussing with her wounds and was trying to wrap her wound on her side and her wing. "Here" I said. She stopped and handed me  the strip of white cloth from her pant leg. 

I tied her wound. It was worse than I thought. Her wings were torn at the bottom and it looked like it hurt like hell. But she showed emotion as she stared at the fire. I wonder what she thinking about.