Chapter 40: Celebrating Being CLEAN!!!

Marissa POV

Later on in the day, we all had done our shopping. What Kia had told me was still stuck in my mind. Right now Chres and I are at Benihana's. We had dropped Kia off at one of her friends house.

"So, a good day for us right?" Chres asked

"Mhmm, an amazing day." i cheered

"So, when should we announce it?" he asked

"How about now, while we look good." I said picking up my phone. I had got the red and black dress and Chres bought a matching red and black tux. We took a pic and I immediately posted it on Instagram, facebook, and Twitter. With the same caption

'Celebrating being CLEAN!!'

I tagged Chres in them and he liked them.

"We look so good" i said admiring the photo. I was wearing the red and black dress and my make-up was perfect with the simple red eyeshadow and black eyeliner with a stab red lipstick to match. My hair put into a side bun and a red necklace and matching earrings to compliment. Of course I had my locket on but hidden because it didn't match.

Chres was looking extra snazzy as well. His black slacks, shoes and jacket with a black shirt and red tie. He had his diamond earring on and of course his silver chain.

"Yeah" he agreed. I picked up my menu and soon enough our chef was here and our food was being cooked. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get what Kia told me out of my mind.

"So Chres, what did you do yesterday with Jacob?" I asked him as I began eating. He looked down at his vibrating phone. He stuffed it in his pocket.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you were with Jacob yesterday. What did you guys do?"

He was weirdly quiet. Which kinda scared me

"Well," he said swallowing his food, "After I met up with him he and I went to the mall" he said but I could sense he was lying.

"Oh really? Go on" I started to eat my food.

"We just hung out. And um, that's pretty much it. Oh yeah and Craig was there"

"Craig? How's he been?" I asked out of true curiosity and genuine worry of my friend's whereabouts.

"Yeah he's good, just hadn't been to school in a while. I forgot why though"

I looked at Chres and noticed he has yet to look me in my eyes. He's just been staring at his plate since the first question.

"Is that all you and Jacob did?"

"Mhmm, why?"

"Because I was talking to Kiara and--"

"Oh yeah is she okay?" he asked cutting me off while trying to change the subject.

"She's fine. I thought she was on her period but she's not now--"

"Wait, period? You thought Kia was on that disgusting thing? She'a only seven" I was beginning to get tired of Chres. I took a deep breath and continued talking

"Okay, A; Yes I thought Kia was on her period she was showing signs of it. B; It's not disgusting it's nature C; It's rare but yes seven year olds can get their periods. Lastly, if you cut me off one more time I will personally cut your tongue out with this chop stick" I said sternly. Chres zipped the imaginary zipper on his lips and threw away the imaginary key. "Now like I was saying. I was talking to Kia and she said the reason she snapped on you is because she was mad at you and--"