Epilogue.

1 year later.

You and Sans had a quick day off from Toriel's touch. The two of you decided to take a walk at the beach. After the fight with Chara, humans seemed to take monsters lightly now. They seem to be very acceptable.

Sans, surprisingly, was even asked to join a band! Well, his voice is, indeed, very much alluring. You wouldn't deny that for you had fallen deeply, madly, crazily inlove for this sweet, corny and punny skeleton.

"kid?" You jolt in your position and glance at the skeleton beside you, "god, kid. you're being extra jumpy today. mind tellin’ me what's on your mind?" You smiled, leaning your head against the skeleton's shoulder, you felt him tense up only to slowly soften under your touch.

"god, you keep sending shivers down my spine." You heard him mutter, "You know," you started, grinning like an idiot, "I've never really expected this day to ever come." You felt him shift under your touch, "what do you mean, kid?" He asked, "Well, I never really liked expecting things. Because I know . . . And I'm used to being disappointed. But, God. It just feels . . . so nice to have something as good as this come so unexpectedly."

Sans chuckled at your enthusiasm and stroked your locks gently, "me, too, kid. i'm just glad we get to sea this sunset together." You giggled at the sudden pun, "i mean, shorely all of us didn't expect this. but frankly speaking, it does feel nice."

You smiled, closing your eyes afterwards and letting the cold breeze hit your face gently. Feeling the breeze, hearing your skeleton's heartbeat. Feeling his warmth against yours. It was perfect. It felt perfect. With your happy ever after. And your perfect happy ending. But . . . why does it feel like there was something else that was missing?

I mean, you did freed everyone, didn't you?

D O N ' T  Y O U 
R E M E M B E R  M E ,
C H I L D ?

You felt shivers running down your spine as you tried to remember. You didn't forget anyone, did you?

Y/n? Are you awake?

Why is this voice haunting you then?

Nevermind who I am.

Y/n. You do not wish to leave, do you not?

The sake of the Underground lies on your decision now, Y/n.

Me? Why, I did not expect this question to come so suddenly.

Ah, I see. Is that so? Then, for your sake. I'm G—

F O R G E T  M E.

You furrowed your eyebrows even more and Sans seemed to be oblivious to your mystic behavior, "kid? something wrong?" You heard his voice enter the void of your mind. You opened your closed eyes, a drop of tear unconsciously fell. Why . . . were you feeling this way?

You felt your skeleton tense, "y-y/n? k-kid, what's wrong?" He stammered, you felt the tears continuously fell and that made you tear up even more. You started whimpering. Sans quickly held you close in his arms. And his embrace, his warmth, made the tears stay strong.

"I," you choked, "I wanted to remember him, Sans. I really do." You told Sans which only continued to listen to your cries. He didn't know who the person you were talking about. But he could feel that . . . he seems important to the both of you.

"But, Sans. I think he doesn't want me to—"

B E C A U S E  T H E R E  I S 
M O R E  T H A N  W H A T 
M E E T S  T H E  E Y E.

Your eyes widened as the voice echoed. You glance at Sans to see any sign if he heard it. But he showed none.

It's time to say goodbye, Y/n.

W-Wait! Right now? N-No! W-Who are you? D-Don't take me—

Shh. Calm down, child. It is only temporary. That is, if you finished your mission successfully. Without losing DETERMINATION.

. . .

Do not lose sight of what's important to you, Y/n. Are you ready to leave?

Your gaze met your skeleton's and seconds later, a tear dropped from your eyes again as you mouthed the words; Don't Forget Me. Before vanishing into thick air. Leaving everyone you loved, leaving this confused and devastated skeleton behind.