Not so secret

"Unedited"

"Jashawn, I do not care what you have going on, I just know that this job is going to kill you or you will end up being killed." My mother states while she is yelling through the phone. I pride myself on the relationship I have with my mother but this is becoming ridiculous. I usually listen to everything that my mom has to say but right now, I have better things that need my attention. Hanging up the phone I begin to walk over to my shower when my phone chimes informing me that I have an incoming message. Deciding to ignore the message I move to take my shower and get ready to scope out exactly what Ms. Evans plans to do.

Kieara P.O.V

Who knew that apartment hunting would take so long; I am literally beyond tired and my feet hurt. Deciding that it is best that I take a break from the search, I sit at a nearby bench and begin to look bag on my life. Honestly, it could have been easier on me if I was not have shown weakness while dating one of the biggest players in the world; on the field and off of it. I knew Remone was too good to be true, but did that stop me, no not at all. I continued to go along with our little love affair and be the perfect girlfriend. That was until he has the nerve to try to tell me, not at all ask me but tell me that I need to get an abortion. Firstly, being taught differently there was no way in hell that was happening, and secondly he has some damn nerve, I bet he was not thinking about the consequences of not wearing a condom at the time. I sighed, he was just being an ass, if he did not want this baby that was his opinion, not only did I not need him but I also did not need my money. Not wanting to reminisce on the past I decide to get back up and go look at the last few apartments before it gets too late. If all else fails I will just call my dad, ask him, and ask for help. I know even though not everyone else may know where I am, he always has eyes on me. "Hey Stranger," I hear bringing me from my thoughts; I look u to see none other than the woman from yesterday. "You know if you are going to follow me you might as well tell me your name" I state aggravated throwing my hands on my hips for dramatic effect or whatever. "The name is unimportant but from your stale face I can see you are not happy to see me" She chuckles making me forget why I was truly mad at her. Deciding that she is following me not because she is weird but because she just may be working for someone, I decide it is in my best interest that I pay her no mind. Hailing a cab, I give the driver the address to the apartments, sit back, and enjoy the ride. I decided to view this apartment next because it is not only located to major companies but also is in walking distance of them as well. After a while, I notice the cab come to a stop, I pay the driver and get out looking at the building in front of me, it looks oddly familiar but I just shake it off walking into the building. "Hello, Welcome to the Western Ridge where we offer comfortable living space for the wealthy elite, how may I assist you" I am greeted by the front desk worker with a smile that quickly changes into a frown. "Mam, I am not sure if you heard me but these apartments are for the wealthy elite." Glaring at her I fold my arms across my chest, "For your information you should not judge me because of my skin color assuming that I am not wealthy enough to afford one of your apartments. I am sure I can afford to not only get you fired, but I can still have enough money to buy you a big enough clue as to who in the hell you are talking too" I snap uninterested in the incompetence of the worker" I would like to speak to your manager, and here!" I slap my black card down on the desk. Watching her eyes widen I smile knowing that she feels stupid for questioning my income based on my external appearance.

"What is all the fuss about" I hear from a very familiar voice behind me. "Nothing Ms. Steele, Mrs. Evans," she reads from my card "was just leaving." She smirks and I damn near am ready to rip her head off. "Why would she do such a thing when she lives here" The woman from earlier frowns at the worker just as I look at the apparent Ms. Steele as if she has grown two heads. "Correction, I do not live here yet and you're the manager, unbelievable" I scoff growing tired of seeing her. "Actually, you do, Your dad use to bring you hear all the time when you were little" I hear from another familiar desk, watching my god father come from behind the desk.. "Welcome home Kieara." He smiles engulfing me in a hug. "I have not seen you in ages, how have you been and how is your father? Ms. Blake will you get the keys to the presidential suite, immediately I am sure Kieara is ready to settle in. Oh, and when you are done you can pack up and go, you are fired. I advise you to never speak to my daughter like that ever again, or any other customers— now hurry along." I knew this place felt so familiar. Hugging him back, we begin to catch up as we wait for the worker to bring the keys. Watching her bring him the keys and seeing her glare at me, I smile in triumph and get up walking with my Godfather to the elevator. "Jashawn, are you coming" my godfather yells. " Nahh dad, I am good. See you later Kieara." She winks making me blush. Ignoring the stare of my godfather, I ride the elevator up to my suite. "Welcome home" he says once again while opening the door and placing the keys on the hook. "It is fully equipped; all you have to do is buy groceries, any questions?"

"No not really, just want to know if I can paint my rom considering everything is looking to be neutral colors meaning that I apparently need to redecorate." I state the obvious. "Of course dear, it is your home after all, do whatever you please. " He says walking out the door but turns around, "I will make sure that Jashawn comes up here later to help with that" He winks walking fully out the door and shutting it. Groaning I walk into the suite observing everything that I need to change, today is over but tomorrow shall definitely be a long day. I have too much that I need to get done.