Chapter ~ 1

My name is Ameli. My mom, our animals, and I live in a small sized house. It's not much but it's a home and that's where I feel comfortable. We are not rich but we can afford what we need which I am grateful for. What’s funny is people always mistake us as sisters. She likes those comments because it makes her feel younger. We act like we're sisters or best friends. She still is a mother but way cooler. She works at home most of the time, and she occasionally goes out and works. She's a bookkeeper & an accountant. She plays the most important part in my life. 

  School is another important part in my life. I didnt belong in a group of people. Most of the time I think people take the popularity too far. I don't hate people I just don't like that some think they're better than everyone else. That's why I keep my business to myself. I volunteer in the library for a reason, to stay away from the social life and the drama. I’m not a really social personal all I do is just go to my next class. I mean wouldn't consider myself as a total outcast, I have some friends but they are not ones you can trust. So that’s why I choose to be alone most of the time. They make fun of me for reading or get angry at me for not going to hang out with them. Honestly, they are fun to hang out with but after a while they get rude and you start to think “Are they really worth it?” So I’d rather choose sitting at home with my mom drinking a warm cup of hot chocolate reading a good book.

   School starts tomorrow and I think I can handle it. I just looked forward to using my new school stuff my mom and I bought at Office Depot. I always thought shopping for school supplies was fun. I had my bag packed for tomorrow and all I needed was to pick an outfit, fun. I’m not that type of girl that is crazy about the first day of school. I just want to get over with school. I mean I enjoy school, but I don’t get all dressed up for it. So I figure my maroon colored jeans with a white loose shirt and my combat boots will do. I lay out my outfit on my desk chair and get ready for bed.

“So are you excited for school tomorrow?!” my mom says with a big smile and I can hear the excitement in her voice.

“Mom I’m seventeen years old. School isn&rs