Chapter 4

Out the shadow of the apprentice den came a lithe tom with a sleek tan coat and dull amber eyes. He spoke in a gentle , almost weak voice. " Oh, Hi I'm Yarrowpaw.... I see you've already met my brother. "I hope you don't mind it but, I think I'm gonna go..." As Yarrowpaw said this he turned to go back into the den but was stopped by a marble she-cat. " Ohh Yarrowpaw just stop it and make some friends! All you do is mope around like some kind of lumbering badger!". The she cat spoke with a strong confidence rarely seen this early on in cats of her age. "Oh Horizonpaw would you stop! You aren't being very kind to him, you know he's shy!" Spoke Sparrowpaw as he slightly unsheathed his claws. " Oh relax Sparrow! You know I'm just kidding around, but still you need to work on your social skills." She turned to look at Yarrowpaw. "Well any way I'm off see you!" At this she padded off into the clearing. "Social skills, what would she know about social skills." Mumbled  Yarrowpaw walking back into the apprentice den. "Well nice meeting you kits!" Exclaimed Sparrowpaw giving a kind hearted smile. "You to Sparrowpaw." Mewed Ripplekit along with Grizzlypaws happy purr. The two kits stumbled back to the nursery where they began to close their eyes and drift off into a calm sleep.