Chapter one

"Hurry up and get me some poppy seeds lilacstorm!" Mossfur meowed over the pain shrieks coming from swanfeather. She had begun to birth her kits in the middle of the night and now the whole clan was stirring."uhh,what do they look like again?" Lilacstorm yowled from mossfur's den. Mossfur sighs and turns back to her screeching patient .
"You really need an apprentice don't you?" A voice came from behind Mossfur. She turned her head to see her leader Riftstar giving her a warm but questioning look."Kits now, apprentice later." Mossfur said hastily turning back to swanfeather. Lilacstorm rushed into the den and in her jaw she held a leaf wrap filled with poppy seeds. Mossfur took the small black seeds over to swanfeather , and pressed them too her mouth. She swallowed them then another fast spasm hit."The fist one is coming!"She yelped to lilacstorm. The nursery brambles rustled as swanfeathers mate Goosetooth rushed in hearing the news."Are they ok, is she ok!" Goosetooth hissed with a terrified look on his face."She's fine but open up this first sack so the kit can breath!" Mossfur said and she dropped the wriggling membrane next to Goosetooth who nipped it open. "The next kit is here!" she held the second kit in her jaw and dropped softly on the moss next to lilacstorm, who nipped it open and the kit wriggled out. "Its a shecat!" Meowed Mossfur looking over to Goosetooth who had a proud look on his face as he looked down at the first kit. "This ones a tomcat!" He exclaimed as he set it down next to swanfeathers belly to drink her milk and Mossfur did the same with the shecat. "T-there... beautiful." Swanfeather muttered softly."The shecat should be named ripplekit and the tom." She paused and looked over to Goosetooth with a soft look."oh ,uh." Goosetooth looked at the Tom kit, he was larger than his sister with dark brown fur and large paws and a stumpy tail."hmm...Grizzlykit?" He cocked his head at swanfeather. "That's a wonderful name for him." Swanfeather looked down at her two kits and smiled. "Grizzykit and Ripplekit my two stars."