He Was Mine (Kim Jongin)

People always say that the best foundation for a relationship is friendship. Hmmmmmm..... I don't really think so, too much closeness is too bad. I guess for us it is.

Childhood friends, that's what we are. Me and Kim JongIin. I really don't know why I became friends with him, he's annoying and arrogant most of the time. Ah, I remember, because behind those negative traits, is a sweet, caring and understanding guy.

"Yeoboseyo!?Jongin, eodiga?"

"Yah! Stop shouting will you?"-Jongin

"I'm asking you, where the hell are you? I waited for you to pick me up from my last class but you didn't come. I even asked Taemin where you were but he said you did not attend your classes today."

"I'm at the hospital that's why I wasn't able to pick you up."-Jongin

"Hospital!? Wae!? What happened? What hospital? Neo gwaenchana?"

"Slow down with the questions, will you? I'm fine, Krystal called me earlier and said she wasn't feeling well, I have to accompany her."-Jongin

"Krystal? And why do you have to accompany her? Doesn't she have a family? Do you really have to skip classes just for her?"

"Well, her parents' are out of the country so she was left alone at home with no one else.The Doctor said she has anemia."-Jongin

"Jongin, tell me, I want an honest answer okay? Are you two a couple already?"

"Not yet, but soon I think she'll say yes. I can tell, the feeling's already mutual. I mean, if she doesn't see me as someone special, then why call me instead of her other friends right? Isn't that great _____? After 2 years of courting her, It's all gonna pay off soon."-Jongin

"That sounds.......great."

"Aren't you happy for me? Yah, it's Krystal Jung, remember how hard I tried just for her to notice me?"-Jongin

"I'm happy for you.. I really am... and yes, I remember, I remember everything. I was there with you the whole time."

"Ne, majayo!"-Jongin

"uhm. I have to go. Eomma's calling me. Don't tire yourself, eo?

"Ne."-Jongin

"Jaljja."

"Eo."-Jongin

Our phone calls just ends like that. I want to tell him "saranghae" and hope to get "nado saranghae" as a reply. But what can I do? I'm just a friend, a bestfriend.

I had to cut off that conversation with him because I just had to. His excitement over him being Krystal's boyfriend is just too much for me to handle.

Sometimes I wonder, "doesn't he feel the same way for me?" or, "will he ever see me as a woman and not just a bestfriend?". 

-------------------------------------------------------------  

2 days passed without us conversing w/ each other. He's been missing his classes for 3 days now. And I already know where he is. 

Yes, I'm broken deep inside, but I want to be happy for him. I want to call him, at the same time I'm afraid to know that she finally said yes. I just want to remain clueless, at least for the mean time.

At the end of the day, I lost I just can't do this. I have to call him.

"Jongin?"