Chapter 4. A night to remember.

* * * Jake's P.O.V

It's 7 P.M. and i'm sitting infront of her house! Here she comes. She looks beautiful. Stunning! She has on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. And that's the way I like it! Her long blonde hair is curled. I get out to help her with her bag. 

"We can put that back here" I say grabbing it  from her. 

"Thanks Jake"

* *  * Kris's P.O.V

He smelled really good.

"So can I know where we are going yet?"

"I planned on taking you mini golfing, if , only if you want to.." He said nervously. 

"Sounds fun" 

* * *  

We have been playing golf for about two hours now. We are the only ones here. We have had a great night so far. Neither of us are keeping score. Were just goofing around, telling jokes and make each other laugh. She really is amazing. I've never felt this way about anyone before! it's been less than a week, which is crazy. The rain is starting to pick up. 

"Should we go to the truck and wait for it to pass?" 

"Yes!" Kris said. 

* * * Kris's P.O.V

We just got to the truck! We ran through all the rain. I can't stop laughing. I don't know why! I guess i'm just having such a good time! 

"Damn! That was a long run!" Jake said.

"yeah it was! We're soaked i'm getting water all over your truck! "

"It's fine! So am I, it will dry!" 

I put the mirror down on the sun visor. 

"My hair looks horrible" I say as I put it back in a pony tail.

"It looks fine, it looks beautiful, you look beautiful." 

I look over to him. We make eye contact. I smile. He leans over, but I turn away. Why did I turn away? It got awkardly silent. I should have just let him kiss me. What was the big deal? I felt stupid.

"What do you want to do now? Are you hungry?"

"Yes!!  All that golf made me hungry!" 

He started the truck. And put it in drive.

"Where do you want to go?" 

"I don't care, as long as it's not fancy, cause i'm soaked.!"

"I know of this little diner around the corner, it has great food!!"

"Let's go"

We got to the diner and played 20 questions until our food got there.

"Who is your favorite baseball team?" Jake asks

"Uhm.. I like the Royals and Minnesota Twins! Who do you like?"

"I like the Phillies!  What kind of music do you like?"

"I like some country, but mainly pop! What about you? "

 "I pretty much like anything. It really depends on the artist!" Jake says

"How long have you been playing baseball?!" I ask.

Our food arrived.

"Pretty much my whole life!" 

We ate our food, and talked for a while. When we left we just sat in the truck! Mackenzie called!

"Hey when are you coming over!?" Mackenzie asked

"What time is it?" 

"About 11:30, How's the date going?! Are you with him right now?"

"I don't know we will be there in a bit, and yeah we just got in the truck. We just got done eating!" I say

"I want to meet him!" 

"Hey jake, she says she wants to meet you! haha" 

"Well tell her that I want to meet her too!" Jake says 

"Okay you're on speaker now!" I say

"You have to bring her to the door, just like as if i were her mom or dad!" 

"Mackenzie, you're going to scare him!!" 

"Haha No it's fine! I'll be glad to bring her to the door!"

"Okay you kids don't stay out to late, and don't have to much fun!" Mackenzie says.

"Okay see you in a while mack!! "

I hung up.

"Where do you want to go now?" Jake asks

"Anywhere?" 

"Anywhere you want!" 

"Let's go to the park up the road" 

* * * Jake's P.O.V

We just pulled into this park up the road. I shut the truck off, but left the music on. Nobody is here. It's 11:30 P.M.

"Thank you for everything Jake. Thank you for understanding all my stupid issues, and  listening to me. It means alot. You really helped me get over that stupid F*** Face! This night was really amazing. It really really was! I hope we can do this again Spending time with you makes me forget about everything wrong in my life."

"Kristen, i'm glad we came. I'm really glad I met you! This really has been awesome. Thanks for coming to my game today. Felt nice knowing I had support there. I'm always here for you, and I hope you know that." 

The song 'Give it all we got tonight' by George straight comes on. I absolutely love this song. 

"I love this song!" Kris says.

"It's one of my favorites too. Do you want to dance?" 

Kris nodded her head yes. I turned the music up, and took her by the hand as we got out of the truck. We stood outside in the park in the beautiful August weather and danced under a street light. We didn't say a word to each other, she just layed her head on my chest and I held her tight and we swayed back and forth. I could feel her heart beating. She was cold. I held her tighter.

I whispered in her ear. "I really am glad that I found you"  

"I'm glad too" 

When the song got over she reached up and grabbed my baseball hat. She put it on. I turned it around backwards and said "for good luck"  I leaned in and kissed her. I knew that I wanted to be with her. It started to rain, but we just continued to kiss... we didn't have a care in the world besides each other.

"