Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

~ Lydia's P.O.V ~

"Please?" He asked for the fifth time, but I was still refusing.
"I can't lie to my mother again, I'm sorry," I apologised again.
I leaned back against the wall we were leaning against, sat eating a bag of Doritos and drinking Coke. Kay groaned at the their side of me, rolling her eyes.
"Why not?" She inputted.
"Because if she gets suspicious and finds out I have a boyfriend then she'll never let me leave my house again," I shrugged sadly, having a crisp to try and lessen my sorrows.
It was just getting dark now, the daylight quickly fading. We had been out for nearly an hour- the three of us. Luke was in New York.
I hadn't planned on going out that day but Kay made me. Like se literally dragged me out the door to my mother's dismay.
"Boyfriend?" Ford smirked," finally admitting it, are we?" He looked so cocky, like he always did.
"I was joking," I said sarcastically and he nodded," suuuuuuureeee!"
"Please, just come. One night!" He pleaded.
"You make that sound so wrong!" I felt myself flush.
"Moving fast are we?" Kay laughed.
"No! Shut up! Fine I'll come round but just stop!" I slapped her arm.

~~~~~~

(5:46) Ford: When shud I come get you? Xx

(5:46) Lydia: Whenever x

(5:47) Ford: I'm coming now then. Meet at corner xx btw there has been a slight change of plans :/

(5:48) Lydia: What? Ford?

(5:49) Ford: So my parents are going out a little later but it's ok. Plz still come round now.. I'm bored xx

(5:49) Lydia: No thanks. I'll come later! X

(5:50) Ford: I'm still coming to get u. I'll come to ur house if I hav 2! Xx

(5:50) Lydia: GODDAMNIT MR VAIN!!!!!!!

(5:50) Ford: c u in a few baby xx

(5:51) Lydia: :(

~~~~~~~~
My mother was watching a cooking channel when I walked through the living room to the front door. She didn't so much as look up, as I had told my dad to ask her. She wouldn't have answered me if I had asked.
On the doorstep there was a box, probably something my dad had moved. It was overflowing with stuff and I picked up an opened letter off the top.
It was one of the letters from before, when Kay and I were pen-pals. Before we moved here. In one way they were good memories, before everything happened but in another way they just reminded me of why we moved. I took the letter and turned it round to read it.

Dear Lydia,
I know, we do have to meet up again. I am free to come down there next week when we're on break. I'm busy on the weekend but the rest of the week is fine. How long has it been? Like 2 months? We used to see each other all the time, what happened?
Anyway, I don't have much to say. This weeks has been boring as fxck!! School is as retarded as usual. I can actually stand those sour sweets cuz of you. I like own my friends BIG TIME!
Mr Tena is a beatch! I keep getting detentions... I wish I could just be good like you. I can't help chatting, and I don't see what's wrong with it.
So yeh, bye
Kay
Ps check my new Garfield PJ's

 So yeh, bye KayPs check my new Garfield PJ's

That was the last letter before it all. The very next day it happened, before I could send a reply.
I put it back down on the box and made my way down the street.
There he was. Waiting just around the corner, leaning against a lamppost. When he spotted me, he held his arms out to me and I scowled sarcastically. I stepped into them anxiously, embarrassed at just the thought that we were being watched. Why did I have to feel so awkward? There in my fluffy white jumper and faded light blue converse, I let my mind wander back through the memories of the last month.
"Baby girl..." He mumbled in my ear and a smile took over my face. I could hear the yearning in his voice and I savoured it.
"Mr Vain..." I replied mockingly. I wondered how much things had changed since I met him. He didn't get rid of my mourning, but he certainly numbed the pain.