Chapter 1: Never Say Never

~Skylar's POV:

It felt good to have Justin by my side again. He was away touring for a few months and decided to visit me for a few days. I missed him so much. I loved the sight of his beautiful brown eyes, hair as soft as a cloud, and face like a sculpture crafted by greek artisans. However, I didn't just like him for his charming looks. Those are a plus. His personality is absolutely amazing. I have a good laugh every time I'm with him and we connect on a whole different level. His smile brightens a room. Whenever I'm sad..he just holds me close and does everything right. By everything I mean.. He says the right things and holds me the right way in the perfect amount of time. Seeing it or reading about it is one thing, but the feeling of someone loving you just as much as you love them is just on a whole different level.

We were cuddling on the couch and he was singing to me in his beautiful angelic voice.

~Justin's POV:

It's good to be back with my best friend and my girlfriend. She means the world to me and I can't live without her. She's so different from all the other girls. I think she actually likes me for more than my looks and my talent.

I started playing with her hair when a thought occurred to me.

"Hey Skylar, how come I've never heard you sing?"

"I suck."

"Babe dont say that," I said a little surprised.

"Its true."

"You used to be in chorus."

"My voice was disguised with everyone else's. I can't imagine singing on stage by myself. I don't know how you do it."

"You dont think about it when you're in the music and having fun. C'mon sing with me."

"No."

"Please?"

~Skylar's POV:

He was begging me now. I almost said yes to his puppy dog eyes. But I really can't do it. I can't embarrass myself with Justin. Im lucky enough that he even likes me. He's a popstar and I'm a nobody. How did he even fall for me in the first place?

"I said no!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

Before he could answer his phone rang. His friend down the street needed his help with something.

"I have to go, but it wont be long this time. I promise I'll be right back." He kissed me goodbye then left.

I sighed. There's always something that keeps us apart. Maybe we aren't destined to be together. We are two different people, right?

I felt stressed out. Maybe a nice shower would help. I get my best ideas in there. I grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom.

~Justin's POV:

I was walking out to my car and my phone rang again. It turns out my friend fixed his uncle's car by himself. I got out of my car and closed the door. I headed back to Skylar's house. I walked into the living room, but I didn't see her. I looked around, but there was no sign of her.

Then all of a sudden, I heard the most beautiful sound ever to reach my ears. Could it be..it was Skylar! I followed the sound up the stairs to the bathroom. She was taking a shower, but left the door unlocked. Hm..

Without thinking I quickly stripped my clothing and quietly walked into the bathroom. I didn't want her to notice me. Her singing was louder then ever and it was just beautiful. I walked into her shower. Now I was standing behind her in awe. I didn't focus on her wet body. Her voice..hypnotized me. When she finished my song I said, "that was amazing."

~Skylar's POV:

I whipped around and looked straight up at Justin in complete shock.

"Justin what are you doing in herd?!" I yelled at him, covering myself with the shower curtain.

He completely ignored me and looked like he was in a daze.

"Justin get out!"

He snapped out of it. "That was amazing," He repeated.

"Seriously Justin get out," I said annoyed and more embarrassed then ever.

"Sing again."

"No. Get out of my shower right now."

"I'm not leaving until you sing again." There was a glimmer in his eyes and I saw him grin a little. He's so stubborn sometimes.

After standing in silence for about a minute, I gathered up all my courage and started singing.

🎶Through the long nights

And the bright lights

Don't you worry.🎶

Then he joined me.

🎶Cuz everything's gonna be alright-

Be alright.🎶

After that I stopped. I looked around shyly then back up at him. He was staring right at me.

"Um.. Can you get out of my shower now?"

"You are like the best singer I've ever heard! Do you know what this means? We could always sing together like this, do a duet, broadcast it live.."

I stopped him. "Woah there. No way. I already told you that I can't sing in front of people by myself."

"But I'll be there with you."

"I dont think so.. I mean.. A huge audience and all the cameras and lights.."

"It sounds scary now, but It'll be totally fine. I promise." He almost sounded desperate.

I was silent.

"Will you at least think about it? Please?"

I was still silent.

"For me?" He said almost in a whisper.

Oh no. There goes the puppy dog eyes again. I finally gave in.

"Ok fine I'll.. I'll keep an open mind about it, but I'm not promising anything!"

His eyes immediately lit up. "Thank you so much Skylar! I love you so much." He hugged me.

"I love you too." Then I realized I let go of the shower curtain and we were still in the shower.

"Uh.."

He realized too. "Oh yeah..right." His cheeks flushed red.

I chuckled and gave him my towel to dry off with. He got dressed then handed it to me. When I was dressed we both awkwardly walked to the living room. Justin started smiling at me.

"What?" I said suspiciously.

"Don't act like you didnt look," he winked.

Maybe I did...

"So you looked too huh," I said.

He blushed again.

~Justin's POV:

Maybe I did...

"Did you like what you saw?" I said pulling her closer to me.

"Youre such a pervert Justin."

I smiled and kissed her.