Chapter 2: She Don't Like The Lights

*next day*

~Skylar's POV:

I woke up and heard a noise. Then I smelled something good. Is that.. Pancakes with maple syrup, chocolate chips, and whip cream? Only one person knows that that is my favorite breakfast.

I followed the smell to the kitchen where I saw Justin cooking pancakes. He was humming heartbreaker to himself. He doesn't notice me, so I sneak behind him, wrap my arms around him, and put my chin on his shoulder.

Im not good at revenge and he knows that.

"Thats for the snippet." I said to him.

He doesn't turn around.

~Justin's POV:

She kind of spooked me a little. I deserved it, but it felt really good when her arms were around me. She sadly doesn't do it often.

I wanted most of heartbreaker to be a surprise for her. She hates surprises. I hope she didn't get much from my humming.

"How long were you standing there?" I asked.

"When is heartbreaker coming out?" She asked.

She's so stubborn sometimes.

"I guess the world will never know."

She let go of me and sighed. "C'mon I want to hear it so bad."

"That's too bad. It's a surprise. Wait like everyone else."

"You're a meanie," she whined.

Sometimes she acts like such a kid.

"I don't cuddle with meanies." She sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Would a meanie make you pancakes?" I asked sitting down next to her with a plate stacked with pancakes.

Her eyes lit up. She gave in and ate a pancake. I wrapped my arm around her in satisfaction.

~Skylar's POV:

When we finished the pancakes, I put the plate in the sink and walked back to him. He turned the tv off. I gave him a questioning look and he told me to look outside.

I looked down and saw rows and rows of paparazzi. How did they find Justin?

~Justin's POV:

I heard her silently cursing to herself.

"I called security to come over and shoo them away. They'll be here in a few minutes. Until then close the blinds and dont do anything stupid," I said.

"No pressure." She muttered sarcastically to herself.

We went into a closet and closed the door so the paparazzi couldn't get any embarrassing footage of us. I could tell she was frustrated.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"No I'm not okay. We never get any alone time."

"It's not my fault."

"Are you sure about that pop star?" She spat.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me what you were going to say," I demanded.

"Ever since we started dating, paparazzi this and paparazzi that. There's always someone

trying to find out something about us and it pisses me off."

"I swear I have no idea how they found me."

"It's a lot worse then that Justin. I see things online and on tv about you and all these other girls and I-"

"Do you really think those rumors are true?" I cut her off.

"Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know what you do when you're out touring," she was starting to get emotional.

"So you dont trust me."

"You know Justin I dont know. I dont know what to think anymore. The thing is whenever I need you, you're always doing something or I can't get to you. Do you know how it feels to have a boyfriend always on the go? You're leaving in two freaking days, and then what do I do? I know it's not your fault but I just-" she broke down in tears.

I quickly grabbed her and pulled her close. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know that you felt that way. It really is my fault."

I thought for a few moments.

"I...I can't commit to a relationship."

She had an expression on her face that I couldn't name. "Are you saying that we should.." More tears fell down her face.

"I'm so sorry babe, but I think it's the best thing to do at this point. I don't want to put you through more hurt..."

~Skylar's POV:

I should've seen it coming. I knew it all along. I knew we weren't right for each other. We live two different lives.

"If that's the way you want it, then get out."

He didn't say anything. He left without saying goodbye. Did he even care?

The reason I dated him was that I thought things would turn out different. That's the problem with falling for a guy you know you're not right for.

I fell apart on the outside.

~Justin's POV:

I fell apart on the inside.

* * * * *

~A/N: Well I hope you are enjoying it so far! I'm new at this, forgive me. And I have bad grammar too so excuse that. If you want an update sooner than like a chapter a day then comment below :) ~