Chapter 7: Beauty And A Beat

Hey guys! so I typed the chapter but it somehow got deleted and i don't remember much of it sadly so i have to re-write the chapter -.-

And sorry in advance for grammar mistakes~

_____________________________________

~Justin's POV:

"But she's going to be okay, right?" I stared at Skylar's closed eyes. She looks so peaceful. She's beautiful. What was I thinking when I broke up with her? I tucked some loose strands of her brown hair behind her ear.

"She's going to be okay, right?" I repeated, a little more worried.

The nurse answered, not looking up from her clipboard. "Well she was under a lot of stress and her eating isn't very regular according to her charts.. And-"

"Is she going to be okay?" I said through gritted teeth.

She looked me straight in the eyes. "I don't know."

I was afraid of that answer.

~Skylar's POV:

I heard voices.

I think I saw people.

A fuzzy blur.

"Hey guys, I think she's awake!" I heard someone say.

I know I'm not dreaming, because I think I hear Justin. And a lot of murmuring. What is going on?

As I slowly gain consciousness, I feel a figure stroking my hand ever so gently. I look to my left and stare into its dazzling brown eyes for a moment.

"Skylar?"

"Skylar, beautiful?"

"Baby, can you hear me?"

The voice is wavering a little bit as if he was sobbing moments before.

I closed my eyes again. They feel too heavy.

"Skylar. Oh Skylar. Please wake up. Please don't leave me. I need you to wake up, darling," I felt a single tear reach my hand.

"I can't be without you any longer. I don't know what I would do without you. I'm sorry..for everything. I'll prove that we can make this work, but you have to wake up. Please."

~Justin's POV:

What's the use? I blew it. This is all my fault. Everything is my fault. I don't know what I was doing when I left her. I was angry and upset. But it's too late. She's probably.. She..

I let more tears slip down my face and I'm forced to realize the truth.

I gently placed her hand back at her side and got up from the stool. I stood in the doorway, and I looked at her one last time. I feel more depressed then I've ever been in my entire life. I lost the most important thing in my life. I lost my everything. I will regret leaving her that day when I broke up with her for the rest of my life. I'm the biggest idiot on the planet. I reluctantly turned and started walking away.

Song lyrics flooded my mind.

🎶

I won't soar

I won't climb.

If you're not here

I'm paralyzed

Without you,

Without you

I can't look

I'm so blind

I lost my heart

I lost my mind