Chapter 3

Adrian and I walked down my street to go to school like typical Monday morning after he helped me with my crying episode. Adrian was my life line, the only thing keeping me sane in this world of despair and sadness.  In a way Adrian was my everything. 

I wasn't very popular at school, I was even made fun of.  People would call me the ugly orphan.  The only way I kept coming back was because Adrian kept pushing me.  Without him I would have gone of the deep end a long time ago. "Hey how's our ugly orphan," Clarissa said as she walked by us as we were walking in to school.  I just kept my head down and kept walking, refusing to cry, refusing to let her win.

"Hey Delilah, um we have to talk," Arian said carefully.

"Ya, what about?" I replied feeling nervous.

"I can't be seen with you anymore," Adrian said seriously.

I was taken aback for a moment, "Okay come on stop joking. Why do we really need to talk?" I said playfully.

"I'm serious, Goodbye Delilah," and without any reason at all he strode away as if nothing had happened, leaving me in the hallway without any answers.  The rest of the day was a blur without any sign of Adrian.  I walked home as I heard people calling me names and making fun of me.  Fat, ugly, orphan, not loved, out of place, third wheel.  I couldn't take it.  I ran past them all the way home where I sat down at my computer, grabbed the gun I kept in my nightstand, set it off camera, and clicked on live streaming where the video I was about to make would go viral all over YouTube.