The House- Chapter 3

I finally got to leave the house today without guards. I was walking with my aunt up to the supermarket. Because the guards weren't here, we decided not to go and decided to just venture off with my aunt to the house. Once we got to the house, we noticed our reading light was still on and the books were still flipped to the same page. We decided to go inside because the key was one of the few things the guards didn't notice and confiscate from us. We place the key in the lock and turned it very subtitle. I heard someones footsteps as we walked in, and I clenched my fists. If it had to do with my brother at all, then I was going to do anything it took. I slowly crept up the steps. Occasionally one would creak leaving me terrified, but I continued as quickly and quietly as I could. I could hear music as if it were a recording. I was going to walk in on three. My aunt would follow. Before I knew it, the door flew open and I heard gunfire.

        Quickly, I ran into the next room and hid in the closet. I was beyond scared and I was trembling with fear. I wanted to cry, but I had to remain quiet. Even though I was safe, I can't imagine what my aunt would be feeling right now. I didn't know where she was or how I was going to escape. All of these questions were racing through my mind. After a while when I couldn't hear anymore footsteps, I slowly crept out of the closet. The door creaked open and there was no one in the house. I went into the bathroom and my aunt had been shot. Quickly! I needed to help , and I was panicking. What would I do! I ran and grabbed a towel off of the rack, some alcohol on the shelf, and a bandage with gauze. Although she needed professional help, I had to do the bare minimum. I sopped up the blood that was gushing out of her wound with the towel. After it stopped flowing so profusely, I poured some alcohol on the bullet wound and applied a clean bandage with gauze. She started to drift and gaze, so I had to call 911.

        The police arrived after five minutes had passed because there was a station close by. I ran out and they took her in an ambulance , and I followed in . I was terrified and hadn't quite known why that music was playing in the next room, but needn't put too much thought into the reason why.