Epilogue

Marinette didn't have to worry about school for several days after she got home. Her parents couldn't believe Ladybug and Chat Noir hadn't stopped the akuma and found their daughter for a whole week!

Marinette finally managed to convince her parents that she was safe now and could return to school. She couldn't wait to see Adrian again...

Alya was by the steps when Marinette got to them, and she rushed over to her, checking every inch of her. "You're okay, right!? Oh my gosh! I was so scared! I didn't know if I'd ever see you again! Is it true they didn't feed you!?"

Marinette pushed her friend back. "I'm fine, Alya. I knew I'd be rescued eventually..." She hugged Alya. "But I'm glad you missed me."

"Yeah...but what was it like spending a whole week with-"
She paused as a limo pulled up to the school, and Adrian stepped out. He was still wear his usual outfit, but today he wore a black jacket over his T-shirt.

"Adrian..." Marinette sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear as he came near.

"ADRIAN!!!" Chloe rushed to his side, sobbing into his shoulder. "Oh Adrian, when I heard about you, I was so worried!"

"I-I'm fine, Chloe." Adrian pulled free of her grip. "Honest."

Chloe's crocodile tears immediately stopped. "Oh good. I hope they didn't treat you too badly, otherwise I'm making sure my father deals with-!"

Adrian didn't seem to be listening, wandering over to Marinette. "Hey..." He mumbled.

"Hey..." Marinette looked up into those green eyes, feeling Alya edge away to leave them alone. "...quite the adventure, huh?"

"Yeah..." Adrian's eyes sparkled. "So...If you're not busy...I was wondering if you'd like to go see a movie after school."

Marinette heard the excited gasp from Alya, and the outraged gasp from Chloe. "I'd like to, Adrian...but I'm sure I've got lots of homework to catch up on. Can I get a raincheck?"

Adrian nodded. "Of course...see you in class."

Marinette waved to him slowly, then turned as Alya returned to her side.
"He asked you out...and you managed to answer calmly...and you said 'no!?' Are you sure you're not ill from all that!?"

"I'm fine, Alya. I do have homework, and, fate willing, we'll get that date sooner or later." She sighed. "Hopefully sooner...!"

Alya giggled, then they hurried up the steps, not wanting to be late.
______________________________________

After having the wings and antennae, it was nice to be back as plain, old Ladybug. She leapt from roof to roof, finally reaching the Eiffel Tower, her destination. She jumped until she was about halfway up, then took a seat on the iron platform.

"You're late, My Lady..."

She looked over as Chat Noir sat down next to her. "I'm not late, you just like to be incredibly early...I never thought I'd miss fighting Hawkmoth and saving Paris...but once I was away from it all... The trees...the sounds of traffic..."

"I know what you mean..." His smile faded. "...You know, when the limo came to pick me up from the police station, I thought it was my father's secretary... But then my father came out and hugged me, he even smiled! I haven't seen him smile in so long... He's apologized so many times for not being there for me, for blocking me out of his life..." He sighed, the smile coming back a little. "...I feel like I got something good out of this...I got my father back...and I finally got you."

Marinette smiled. "Yeah...we were in love with each other and didn't even know it."

"But civilian form or not, you and I are still partners..."
He turned to look at her as she started to giggle. "What?"

"Did you see Chloe's face when you asked me out...!?"

"Ha ha! Yes! Priceless...Well, she did want Ladybug and Chat Noir together already..."

Ladybug grinned. "At school, we keep up the facade. You're still you, I'm still me."

His tail wrapped around her, pulling her closer. "Right...this romance is strictly business..."

She brushed the tail away, leaning over to give him a peck on the cheek. "Of course, Chat Noir..."
______________________________________

The next day's chatter at school was about that peck on the cheek. Apparently Alya had caught a glimpse of it for her blog, and now everyone was abuzz about it.

Marinette stepped into the classroom, taking a seat by Alya. "Before you tell me, I've already heard it from four other girls, Alya."

"Isn't it exciting!? I didn't get to hear their conversation, but I saw the leaning over and kiss! Eeeek! It's so fantastic. Hey, you've got your hair down!"

Marinette ran her fingers through her hair with a smile. "Yeah, thought I'd try something different today."
Adrian took a seat just below Marinette, and gave her a quick wink that made her blush. "Good morning, Adrian..." She whispered.

Alya leaned over. "I think that date's coming sooner, rather than later...!"

Marinette just grinned. Boyfriend with the mask, and also without...