Dreams vs Reality

There are many who don't wish to sleep for fear of nightmares. Sadly there are many people who don't wish to wake for the same fear.

I watched his playful grin as he put his hand in the bag of flour, filling his hand. The other handful right at my feet where he had tried to throw it at me but missed. Making pancakes with my husband always ended up in a flour fight. I backed away as he walked closer, a smile on my face. The sound of my baby crying brought me back to reality and I rushed upstairs before he reach me. "Ruben Ellis, what is all this noise about?" I spoke to him, even though he couldn't answer back. He stopped crying as soon as he heard me and opened his eyes and looked straight into mine. I gently cradled him in my arms, humming a tune. I looked into his eyes again, the exact same as his father's. He looked exactly like his father.

Demi was smiling at her dream, not wanting to wake because she knew what would happen if she did. It was a nightmare. She wished things were just like her dream but in reality he was throwing vodka bottles not flour and she wasn't smiling, she was crying.

I felt two arms wrap around me from behing and I leaned back into the embrace. Ruben's eyes lit up when he saw who was behind me and I knew it was Wilmer. He loved his daddy. I loved my husband and my baby boy. Everything was perfect.

Her arms wrapped around her stomach in her sleep. She loved feeling her bump, protecting her baby inside. She was excited to have her first child but nervous because of Wilmer. Maybe if it continued she would eventually have the guts to leave.

In her dreams everything was peaceful and perfect. Why could it not be like that in reality? Why was it that the only times his arms wrapped around her was before he would hit her?

"Stop!" I got out in between my laughs. Wilmer's hands ran up and down my sides tickling me, a grin spread across his face.

But in reality she was only screaming stop when he was leaving bruises and scars all over her body. Don't wake up. She didn't want to be faced with the though of reality again. She didn't ever want to wake up. She used to hate sleeping, the fear of something happening whilst asleep made her paranoid and kept her awake. Now all she wanted was to sleep forever, to live in her dreams because that's when she felt more alive.

"I love you." He whispered catching my lips in a passionate kiss. Pulling away for only a short moment, I whispered, "I love you more."

Now her mind was hesitant whenever he told her that he loved her. Did he really love her? Deep down of course but he just needed to dig deeper to realize his love for her and see that what he was doing could destroy her.

He had my arms pinned above my head, leaving a trail of kisses on my jaw line and down my neck. He sucked on the skin above my collarbone, softly and I was whimpering, wanting more.

He only ever pinned her arms above her head in an aggressive manner. When he wanted pleasure, he didn't even bother asking. She felt dirty and used. All she was to him was a toy. Something he could mess around with, only when he wanted to.

When he kissed her, she didn't want more, she wanted less. She didn't want him touching her. That would only result in her scrubbing her skin until it was red raw and pressing on the bruises he had painted her body with.

Meal time was messy time with Ruben. He got his food everywhere; all over his clothes, face and in his hair. "No, sweetheart, don't rub your hands on your top" I told the now two year old but he did it anyway. "Ruben you are supposed to listen to your mother." I heard Wilmer's voice from behind me and my boy's eyes widened. "Sorry daddy. Mommy I sorry." His lower lip stuck out and tears filled his eyes. "Put those tears away, baby. Come here." I put the wipe down and opened my arms for him. He slowly walked into them, wrapping his small arms around me. I looked down at him and gently smiled. "Mommy's hugs make everything better." He mumbled quietly and I kissed the top of his head. "Even daddy needs mommy's hugs sometimes." I whispered and he pulled back to look at me. "I love you, mommy." He placed a kiss on my lips and smiled at me. "I love you too, baby boy."

Now if her dreams stayed like this she wouldn't ever want to wake. Everything was perfect. Her and her little family. The thought made her smile but even she knew that in reality it would never be picture perfect.

She felt more alive in her own dreams.

---
Hey guys! I haven't updated in ages but I've honestly had no inspiration. Leave a comment about what you thought. Thanks for reading!