Chapter Four

Who is this man? Three strikes and she's out? She needs to get out of here! I need to get her out of here.

We just sit in silence, still tied up. Waiting. Waiting for something to happen. The man left again. It's been hours of nothing, and silence. I stopped panicking to get out of the rope awhile ago. To break the silence I speak up.
"What happened.. On the day you disappeared? Have you been here the whole time?"

"I was taking a walk. To get my mind off of things. Then a van pulled up beside me and that man jumped out. I ran, I ran as fast as I could. But he caught me."

She paused, I could hear a small sob come out of her. My heart breaks a little as she cries. She continues.

"He brought me here. He's beat me countless times. He said that this is where he punishes people. I've seen so many deaths Phil. It's been a year, and I've seen so many deaths."

She stars sobbing at this point. I have to get her out of here! I start squirming, and moving every part of my body. I'm not gonna stop till I get out of this rope.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, I promise nothing will happen to you"

I struggle to loosen the rope, and put my hands down. I feel something under my hand. It's sharp, like glass. I quickly grab it and start cutting through the rope. It finally breaks and I come loose.

"I have a plan, okay? I just need you to stay quiet."

"Okay, just please be careful Phil."

"I will."

I loosely put the rope around me and sit holding the glass shard. This is gonna get interesting.

I look to the entrance, and I see the mans van pull up. Here goes nothing. I start singing as loud as I can.

"Shut it boy!"
The man angrily says as he walks towards me. I continue to sing not listening to him.

"Do I have to punish you?"

I just keep singing. Soon he's in front of me and I stop. I can't see his face, but I know he's angry.
"Behind you sir."
I joyfully say. And just as he slowly turns around I jump up and stab him with the glass shard in the back. He yells in pain, saying every curse word in the book. Instantly I pick Olivia up and run. run to the entrance as fast as I can.

Soon we're at the entrance and I look behind us. The mans not to far away. I sprint with her in my arms to my house. It's night time and my parents are probably worried sick. And I know that Olivia's parents are at my house by now. But it doesn't matter. Cause I found Olivia.

Soon enough we've gotten away from the man, and I'm barreling into my house. Mine and Olivia's parents walk to the door.

"Phil where.."

My mom stops talking as she sees Olivia.

"I found her."