Chapter One: The Collision Part One

Charlotte Watson was enjoying a typical end of the summer afternoon by lounging by her sparkling blue pool with her friend Brooklyn Davidson. Charlotte flipped her long, straight, blond ponytail to the side while her and Brooklyn gossiped about their classmates, and who would be with who. She enjoyed the time that she spent with Brooklyn. They had been best friends since the fifth grade.

Charlotte stood up and walked over to the expensive outdoor kitchen that her parents had just put in the back patio.

"Would you like a water Brooklyn?"

"Yes! This sun is especially hot today. Thanks Char."

Charlotte's family was well off to keep it simple. She didn't want for anything. With just a few more weeks until the school year started back, she knew she didn't have much longer to enjoy her summer freedom. She had Brooklyn over almost every day. When they weren't at her pool, they were at the mall with Mr. Watson's credit card.

Mr. Watson considered Brooklyn as his own child. So on these shopping trips she didn't have to bring her own money. Which was a good thing because her family was far from wealthy. And Charlotte really considered her as more of a sister than just a friend.

She settled back onto the plastic lounge chair and handed Brooklyn a bottle of water.

"Brooklyn, do you want to go shopping? I'm getting drained just siting out here all day." Charlotte propped her sunglasses on the top of her head, and turned her dark blue eyes in her friends direction.

 "Sure thing. Let's go get showered up. Can I borrow one of your miniskirts? I didn't bring anything but my swimsuit today." Brooklyn replied, standing up to stretch.

Charlotte gave her a look.

"I know, I don't have to ask."

Brooklyn and Charlotte wore the same size clothes and shoes. Although Charlotte was a good head taller than Brooklyn. Brooklyn only stood about 4'9 while Charlotte was a whopping 5'2.

Where Charlotte had long, blond hair with a natural brown undertone, Brooklyn had long, brown hair with red undertone, and natural wave. They both had nice long eyelashes and thin eyebrows.

They showered and got dressed quickly so they could get to the mall. It was 4:00 in the afternoon and the mall would close in five hours. They had to hury because it would take them thirty minutes to get there and they wanted to do some serious shopping.

***************************************************************************************************************

Brooklyn sat in the passenger seat in Charlotte's convertible whle they sped off towards the mall.

" Can we let the top down Char?"

Chalrotte nodded towards her  and pushed the button to let the convertible top down, then turned the radio up. Brooklyn moved to the music while enjoying the beautiful Tennesee scenery. She pulled down the sunshade and flipped the little door over the mirror. Her hazel eyes were sparkling in the sunlight as she adjusted her hair back in a ponytail so the wind wouldn't tangle it. She put the sunshade back and placed her sunglasses back on her face. She sat back listening to the music on the radio. Charlotte pulled in the mall's parking lot and tried to find us a space close enough to the entrance. She adjuted  her purse across her shoulder and both girls went straight to their favorite store, Dress to Express.

Brooklyn quickly had her arms loaded with denim and all other kinds of fabrics while Charlotte pushed her to the dressing rooms. She stripped down and jumped into a pair of skinny jeans, then flipped through the shirts and saw a dark blue draping shirt. She adjusted the shirt so it hung off one shoulder.

Brooklyn stepped out of the dressing room and walked over to the three-sided mirror to get a better look.

"A pair of flats or heels would go great." Charlotte commented from behind.

Brooklyn stepped away from the mirror allowing her best friend to look at herself. Charlotte had grabbed black leggings and a tight fitting graphic t-shirt. The t-shirt had a butterfly design with some swirls and a few rhinestones were placed here and there.

" Let's go to Victoria's Secret next. That new pushup bra is in with their new collection," Charlotte suggested.

"Ok. Then on to American Eagle, then the shoe store. I really wanted to get the new Nike shoes for gym." Brooklyn replied.

**************************************************************************************************************