Chapter Two: The Rubble

Charlotte held on to Brooklyn's hand as the group of four wound their way towards the Bue Ridge Mountains. It was a mountain range in conection with the Appalachian Mountian range. The small group was in search of some type of shelter from the destruction. Clarke and Zachary were leading them up into the mountains so that they got away from the chaos. They pressed onward through the destruction that the meteor rocks had caused.  

"Look," Brooklyn said halting the others in their tracks.  

They each turned to where she pointed. Across the street they saw one of the meteors glow bright. A cloud of black smoke swirled unnaturally out of it and seemed to be drawn towards the chilling screams of innocent people. They watched as the smoke spread out real thin and just seemed to engulf the girl it seemed to have been chasing. Her screaming stopped suddenly. The smoke wrapped around the body then all of a sudden it stopped its pursuit on her and skirted off until they couldn't see it anymore.  

"Holy shit," Clarke exclaimed. " we gotta get the fuck outta here."  

" Ok man but listen first we gotta find some supplies we gotta hide from this thing. Look all around. Look at all the meteors, how many of those things are inside them? We need to get away from civilization. All these people are too tempting for that fucking smokey stuff." Zachary replied.  

" Alright we'll where are we gonna grab supplies from?" Brooklyn interjected.  

The four of them then spread out and discovered some bags that could be used to gather supplies. After about an hour of digging through the rubble they had managed to find food, 2 reusable water bottles 2 blankets, a couple flashlights a lighter and pen and paper. 

The other three looked toward Zach for guidance as he spread the supplies between then so one person didn't have too much. Then he points towards the mountain ranges and tells them that they need to get up there quickly that his grandfather had an old moonshine still up there and he thinks it would be perfect for them to hide from these black ghost things. They ran as quick as they could to the edge of town and tried hard to avoid spots where the meteors were laying about. Those things were creepy.  

Brooklyn held all of her bags that she had thinking that some of the things may come in useful. She had found a backpack that she had stuffed all of the bags that she could into it and held the others by looping the handles onto her arms. The destruction on their small town was almost unbearable to comprehend. What caused all these meteors to come down like this, she asked herself quietly. And what in gods name were the black things coming out of them? She didn't like the way this looked but she knew that with Clarke and the other skinny guy she should be able to get the answers in due time.