Chapter Three

Ally greeted me as soon as I got back to the hotel room, but Acacia and Kelsey were out exploring the town. I collapsed onto my bed and groaned. Today could have gone so much better!

“How much longer are we going to be in Texas?” I asked Ally, keeping my head smothered on a pillow. I knew it made it sound like I was mumbling, but I didn’t particularly care.

“Why? What happened? Did you find out something unpleasant about your past?” Her voice was full of concern.

I rolled over and faced her, giving her a blank look. Did it look like I was happy about anything I had heard? I sighed, “More like I didn’t find out anything. The people that said they knew me, yeah, they’re mentally ill. They probably didn’t even know me in the first place.”

“But didn’t they know your name?” Ally questioned, sitting on the other bed as she brushed her hair. Of course it took her until ten in the morning to get up and brush her hair.

I shrugged. “Yeah, so they did their research. I’m telling you Ally, they were crazy.” No sane person would believe they were magical. Magic didn’t even exist.

“Okay.” She looked like she wanted to continue with the conversation, but thankfully she didn’t. “So what are you planning on doing today? We don’t have another show until tomorrow.”

I hugged my pillow. “Nothing; I want to stay here and watch TV.” I knew I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up about meeting them.

“Aw, are you sure?” She looked dejected and I instantly felt bad. Just because I was feeling down didn’t mean I had to take it out on other people, I reminded myself.

“I’m just not in the mood to do anything, sorry Ally. Maybe Acacia or Kelsey will go with you. I really don’t want to do anything.” I still felt guilty, but not enough to get up and move on. I really thought Kia, Blake and Zane might actually know me from before I lost my memory. But no, they thought they were magical aliens.

Ally nodded, putting a small smile on her face. “Yeah, I’m going to go finish getting ready.” She left into the small bathroom and I flipped on the TV. And then turned it off because a show about Roswell was on; of course it had to be about aliens. I guess I was going to read instead.

Taking my advice, Ally went shopping with our other roommates about an hour later. She had been gone for a few hours and I was starting to get worried, until I heard a knock. I rolled my eyes; only my friends would be too lazy to use a key yet have the energy to join a circus.

I opened the door and almost screamed. The only thing that stopped me was a hand being smacked over my lips. I had no idea what to do; I had been completely caught off guard. The last thing I had expected to see when I opened the door was the trio from earlier along with a passed out Ally. Blake was holding her up and Zane was the one with his hand on my mouth. Kia shook her head at them.

They barged into my room, taking advantage of my shocked state. Blake entered first, dumping Ally carelessly on our bed. Kia entered second, looking around with innocent interest. And then there was Zane who shut the door behind him, keeping one hand firmly over my mouth. I didn’t know what to do, so I bit him…

Zane cussed as he jumped away from me. His eyes were full of shock. “What was that? You can’t just bite people!”

“What did you do to my friend?” I exclaimed; ignoring Zane and running to Ally’s side. She looked out of it. Thinking back on it, I suppose I should have yelled when I had the chance, but at the time I was too shocked to think clearly.

“She’s drugged. She’ll wake up in a couple hours.” Kia’s voice held no regret or sympathy and I turned to them, incredulously. Blake was the only one who looked unsure, Zane looked mad about the bite and Kia was admiring the room.