Bruce Banner vs. The Incredible Hulk [2]

Dr. Samson was quick to run into the lab they had been inside before. There had always been a safety net in case the Hulk was around. It was a special tranquilizer made for him.

"Bruce, stay in here," Samson instructed when he returned.

Bruce didn't take his eyes away from the scene of the Hulk breaking through the top cover of the machine as he replied, "What are you going to do?" his voice almost hollow.

The pain in his chest was not as severe as before, but he could still feel it as the Hulk rose.

"I'm going to subdue him first and make sure the sedatives last long enough so we can figure out how to keep him calm."

"I want to help!"

"No, I don't want both of us getting hurt in case this gets out of hand. If I can't contain him or take him down, I want you to get help!" Samson shouted over the sound of the Hulk destroying what remained of the machine. "Stay out here, Bruce," he reiterated.

Samson ran inside, locking the door behind him as an extra measure. The glass vibrated as the Hulk roared and Bruce flinched as the pain flared momentarily. This was the first time he had seen the Hulk outside of his subconscious.

He's so huge and menacing, he thought to himself as he watched the Hulk and Samson glare at each other for a few seconds.

Though they were not exactly in the same room, Bruce could still feel something. It was something more than fear, and it was oh-so familiar.

Bruce was angry.

The fact that he couldn't do anything to help stop the monster that was once part of him was making him angry. The fact that all he was good for was for getting help made him angry. And that consistent beeping noise coming from the nearby computers and wouldn't shut up was just pissing him off.

In haste to silence it, he walked over to it and tried pressing the off-button. That didn't work. He tried to unplug it, but saw it was all wireless. What was it connected to then?

Bruce couldn't even thoroughly analyze the situation because the sound was so annoying and making him even angrier. He sat down in the chair that Samson was in earlier and tried to shut it off manually.

It seemed with his efforts, the sound only got louder. The more he tried to work on it, the less all of it makes sense. It was like his intelligence was slipping and he felt so god damn primal. He felt like a kindergartner in a college level physics class.

Finally, in a fit of anger, Bruce banged on the keys and knocked over the computers in one sweep.

He huffed in satisfaction, but again gasped when he saw Samson be struck by the Hulk in almost the exact same motion he had done just a few seconds ago.

The glass that was in the room was made to be soundproof, but the roar of the Hulk's made it through and even caused it to physically vibrate.

"Dear God," Bruce said in disbelief as he saw Samson's face.

The poor, green-haired man was bruised all over with a lump around his eye that was turning purple. His left foot was bent the wrong way, and Bruce swore he could see a trail of blood.

But Samson had held his own against the Hulk many times and the worst he had gotten was a broken hand. How could the Hulk have done all this in only a few minutes?

And just when Bruce thought things couldn't have gotten worst after Samson was struggling to get up (he was Bruce Banner, of course things could always get worst), the door opened behind him.

Startled, Bruce swiveled away from the horrific scene, and cursed when he saw the mean faced General Thunderbolt Ross.

• • •
I had this written since November but I'm so lazy that I didn't end up typing it until yesterday.
It may not be amazing, but I'm glad I got something up.
I have the next part started and I think it might be better quality than this-- whoops, I just jinxed myself. Oh well.

I hope you enjoyed. Have a great day or have a good nights sleep.