Prologue

© 2016 ELIZABETH BLACKWOOD ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

*********************************
Elizabeth's/ her parent's house^^^^

********************************

"Mommy..." Came a small, innocent childs voice as she poked her head out her room. She had been woken up by the sound of her parents bedroom door across the hallway being slammed shut only to be followed by footsteps.

The young girls mother was pacing in front of the stairs in the hallway. She had a worried, almost scared expreaaion on her face. Her mother stopped and looked towards her daughter, "Oh sweetheart did we wake you?" She asked as she walked to the child and picked her up. "Mommy's sor-" her mother was cut off by a loud crash thay came from downstairs.

The small girl clung to her mother tightly. "Mommy wat dat noise?" She asked, tilting her head to look up at her mother before her curious gaze wandered back the stairs where the sound had originated from.

The mother shushed her daughter as she quietly made her way downstairs, holding her daughter tightly. As they got closer to the living room the noise grew louder as it was joined with the grunts of fighting men. The small girl recognized her father's voice immediately.

"Mommy, wai daddy soumd wike dat?" She whispered, knowing her mother didnt want her to be loud.

Her mother just shook her head as she looked around the hall just outside the living room. Her eyes soon landed on an air vent near the floor. "Ah...sweetheart mommy has to help daddy so lets play....hide-n-seek!" She whispered as she set her daughter down and moved the metal vent. "Lizzie will hide in here and not let anyone find her, then when monny can she'll come back, okay sweetie?" She asked as she helped her daughter into the vent.

"Otay mommy..." The small girl nods as she watched her mother cover the vent again. Her mother soon stood up and headed for the living room.

Lizzie, as her mothrr called her, sat in the cold, dark vent before hearing her mothers muffled scream. "Mommy!" She whispered as she quietly crawled towards the sound, not leaving the safety of the vent. She soon found the vent opening for the living and peered out of it.

The vent was just below a small coffee table. The living room was dimly lit but the child could see three adults struggling in the middle of the room. She recognized both her parents but the third person she didnt know.

She gasped as she watched the stranger pushed her mother to the ground before he pulled out a gun and shot the child's father in the head at a point-blank rang. Her eyes widen in horror as she watched her fathers body fall to the floor, the wall and couch behind it now painted crimson.

"Lizzie... Elizabeth..." Her mother whisper-yelled as she spooted her daughter through the vent cover. Elizabeth's eyes snapped to her mother as she held back the scream that was threatening to escape. Her mother mouthed the words 'I love you' before placing a finger over her lips, telling her to stay quiet no matter what as a loud "BANG!" filled the room.

"MOM!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she sat up in her bed in a cold sweat. She looked around before realizing she was in her aunts house, her room full of boxes packed with her things. "Just another dream..." She whispered as the memories played over in her head. "Well i guess it may be because im returning to that house after 11 years..." She whispered to herself as she laid back and tried to fall back to sleep.