live #5

"Austin?"

"Hmm?"

"Are we going to go to prom?"

"Depends. Do you want to?"

"I don't know. I'm pretty heterophobic so maybe we could just hang at my place in our tuxes instead."

"Sounds good."

"Jerry off your back?"

"Yes, stop worrying, I'm fine."

"OK."

"Thank you. For cl-,"

"It's my job."

Right about then Austin turned to look at the face of the boy he loved. His dirty blonde hair fell on his forehead, almost in his dark eyes. His long blonde eyelashes were perfect, and so was the rest of him. His plump pink lips, his coy smile, everything.

He leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, smiling immediately after.

Carter stopped in his tracks. He kept his eyes on Austin.

"What?"

Carter took two steps closer to Austin. Then, to Austin's surprise, he interlocked his lips with Austin's. God, how he had longed to do this since they day they met, years ago. He never thought he'd actually get to one day.

Austin whispered to him as their lips parted, and their foreheads touched.

"That... that felt good."

Without hesitation, Carter did it again. He crashed his lips against Austin's. Austin placed a hand on Carter's neck, and Carter placed his own hand upon Austin's.

They had been midway walking home. The street was empty, few cars would pass every few minutes. All in all, it was perfect. Dried leaves tumbled along the lonely street as the wind blew ever so gently, not enough to mess up their hair. The scene was perfect.

"I love you,"

"I love you."