Chapter 22

[Edited]

I wandered around my new home looking for James. I heard a voice coming from an office down another hall. Upon hearing it, I recognized it to James' so I walked towards the office. James came walking out of it and we ran into each other. James looked surprised and stunned at the same time.

"Where did you come from? I thought you were still unpacking and stuff." he said, with a small smile on his face.

"Well, I was on a quest to find you sir." I replied and smiled. He gave me a look of confusion.

"And who has sent you on this quest?" he asked.

"My stomach." I said.

"Your stomach?"

"Yes my stomach. He says that we need to find James so we can get food."

"Ah, that makes more since. Well, we will go get food then." James replied and walked towards the front door but suddenly stopped.

"You should probably change. Its going to get cold as the day goes on. Also, grab a jacket." he said as he went over to the couch and grabbed his jacket. I nodded my head and ran to my room. I looked in my closet and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans, a black and white AC/DC shirt, and a black beanie. I quickly changed and pulled on my black combat boots. As I walked out of my room I grabbed a black jacket that had the Harley Davidson logo on the back. I ran back to where James was standing. He was on his phone and didn't seem to notice me. I slowed down and snuck up on him. When I got close to him, I screamed. He jumped and almost dropped his phone.

"Holy shit!" he yelled. James looked at me with a scared face. I smiled and walked to the door.

"Ready?" I asked. James smiled and opened the front door. I walked out and he followed, locking the door behind him.

~~~~*Time Skip: Later That Night*~~~~

I laid in my new bed on my laptop on Tumblr. We had went to some burger place. It was really good and the people were really nice. There came a knock at my bedroom door. I sat up and looked at the door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened and a very tired looking James walked in. He came in and sat on my bed facing me.

"I'm going to bed, okay?"

"Okay. Goodnight." I replied. James got up and walked towards the door. He looked back and smiled.

"Goodnight River." he said and with that he walked out and closed the door behind him. I went back to the position that I was in before and kept surfing Tumblr. I heard a noise and looked at my Skype. I went into it and I had a message from Ev. He wanted to talk. I typed back okay and he called. I answered the call and put facecam on.

'Hey" I said.

"Hi" he replied.

We talked for a really long time. Just catching up on some things. They had found the person who killed Matt, Also Ev talked about this girl he had a crush on. When I found out that he had a crush, I squealed. Ev asked how life here was going and told him everything. I told him how James had found me in the ally, how he shouted at Jordan, how he offered for me to come live with him, and how I am now in England. Ev and I soon said our goodbyes and we ended the call. I shut down my laptop and turned my lamp off. I pulled the covers up and drifted off to sleep.