Episode Five, Part 1

The Walking Dead: -6
Episode Five:  No Way Out
Part 1: "Jericho"

"What are you going to do after this?" asked Spencer as he and Phillip, now both dressed, prepared to exit the PYTHON after their tryst.

Cynically Phillip replies, "You're confident there's going to be an 'after this'?"

Spencer shrugs, "Don't you?"

"Well I don't intend to die, no matter what," Phillip replied arrogantly as he tightened his black boots.

"Why is that, because you're so cool?" Spencer's voice was patronizing, but Phillip ignored this gesture. Phillip was pretty much done with Spencer. Phillip's main focus was his boots.

"No, because I don't live here, consider me a cross-over guest star. Did George or Weezy die when they costarred on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Nope!" Phillip eyes were still lacing his boots but his attention was stolen by Spencer's next statement.

Spencer erased the space between the two , wrapping his arms around Phillip kissing his neck,"That doesn't count, that was the final episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. It could be considered cannon if they died in the Fresh Prince house."

Phillip usually dated men 10 to 15 years older than him so very few of them got his millennial, 90's references. So Spencer not only catching his reference but also using the term "cannon" got Phillip's attention. Phillip relaxed his body and absorbed Spencer's hug, "Maybe head cannon. Point is I don't plan to end my life in your community, I'm just visiting."

"People die on vacation all the time," replied Spencer, his voice a slight whisper.

"Mmm, that was dark," teased Phillip. "Who knew you had it in you."

Spencer tighten his grip, "You would be surprised what I have in me."

No I won't, thought Phillip. He knew Spencer was getting too attached. Hell, Phillip was getting too attached. Phillip knew Spencer was like daylilies; pretty to look at but a brief shelf life. Last thing Phillip needed was more heartache. "There isn't going to be an 'us' after this, Spencer. Even if there is an after this. I'm going to leave Alexandria, my gut is telling me something bad is coming. It hasn't arrived just yet, but it's coming."

Spencer wanted to avoid Phillip's negativity. He wanted to bask in the warmth of their connected skin. The PYTHON was sound proof, so the growls of the walkers at the gates were all muted. Spencer felt safe in this embrace, he craved security and he believed he found it with Phillip.

Spencer inhaled Phillip's skin before pivoting his focus to the windows. "Is that Holly?" Spencer asked, while peering through the almost opaque, tinted windows of the vehicle. Spencer tightened his eyes as he looked closer, "It is Holly and isn't that your friend with her, Shane?"

"Yes it is," Phillip said through gritted teeth. Phillip had just talked to Shane about parading around with Nancy's doppelganger throughout the community. But like with many things, Shane did whatever he wanted. A part of Phillip wanted to confront Shane for moving on so fast from Nancy. Phillip could hear Spencer's heart beat through his clothes and it hit him like a gong: His hypocrisy.

Phillip never thought about the human filth that he had become since arriving in Alexandria. He hadn't given himself one moment to morn his mother, son, or Austin. Here he was laying with Spencer, Phillip's skinned began to contract at the awful realization. Phillip sharply moves away from Spencer, the speed caught Monroe off guard.