Six

By the time the two got down to Harry's friend's place, Louis had recognized most of the city. He wondered if Harry would drive him to where he lived to check on his mum when they're done with the donations.

Harry was a bit nervous about taking him inside, since he was still a villain. But when he saw Louis' apprehensive expression he sighed, remembering that he was most likely even more scared. He didn't even remember his life from the past seven or eight years, only his family and where he lived. It was like he wasn't even a villain at all, or at least he didn't seem like one.

With only a few knocks, a young woman opened the door. She smiled brightly at them when seeing Harry. "Hey!" She exclaimed, taking him in for a side hug. Her one arm was occupied in holding a toddler on her hip. "Who's this?" she asked politely, looking at Louis.

"Clare, this is Louis. Louis, Clare." He introduce, and Clare gasped. Louis was sure that she was going to not let him in and scold Harry for letting him out of headquarters, but when she grinned he realized it was maybe a good gasp. Which is why he was confused since people weren't usually excited about seeing him.

"I've heard about you!" She smiled, moving to the side. She gestured for the two to enter the house.

Clare led them into the kitchen. "So, I know you're a villain, and even if you have memory loss of it all it still makes me nervous, but Harry's got powers, so-" She cut herself off, pursing her lips when Harry gave her a look. "Sorry. Just wanted to let you know." She gave him a smile, but her attention was suddenly taken away when a little toddler went running into the kitchen.

She ran straight into Louis' legs, but she just hung onto one of them and hid behind him, running around him as the little dog chased her quite cluelessly. Harry used his powers to lift the girl up off the ground.

"Louis, have you seen Alice running around anywhere?" he asked, ignoring the girl's hysterical laughter and calls saying that "she's right here!".

Louis grinned. "Nope, I haven't." He shook his head, giggling when Harry turned.

"I'm here!" The girl squealed, reaching out in mid air to grab onto Louis' collar. He grabbed a hold of her as Harry slowly let her down into Louis' arms, then set her on the ground.

Clare picked up her daughter, and kissed his cheek. "Okay, well, the bags are right by the door." She sighed, and followed the two back out where they came.

Harry gave both girls a kiss on the cheek before picking both bags up, even though they look heavy. Then again, he wasn't exactly normal. Louis didn't quite know everything Harry could do.

Louis tried not talking during the car ride to the adoption center, but he could never seem to hold his tongue. "What was her name again?" he asked Harry.

"My goddaughter? Alice. Cutest thing." He shook his head fondly, a smile on his face. And okay, Louis could tell how much he loved her. It was weird, since he barely knew him. And the thought just popped into his head randomly, but then he heard something else with it. It was like a voice, and it was Harry's except he wasn't talking. It was almost as if-

"Fuck!" Louis suddenly exclaimed, clutching his head in his hands. His ears were pounding, and there were voices in his head. A bunch of voices and he didn't know why but it hurt and he couldn't control it. They were just random thoughts but they weren't his.

Harry pulled over, wide eyed and a bit panicked. "What happened?" he asked, unbuckling his seat belt and leaning over a bit.

Louis let out a frustrated yell, his fingers tugging on his hair. "I don't know!" He cried out. "There's voices in my head!" He let out a sob, shaking his head. He tried to think of something else, or focus on just Harry, but it made it worse.

Harry grabbed his wrists, holding them a bit tight. "Louis." he said firmly. "Louis you have the ability to read minds. We found a chip in your head after doing examinations the other day, remember? That's what causes it but it's kicking in now so you need to work with me," he said. "Okay?" His volume rose.

Louis nodded. "Just make it stop!"

Harry gulps. "Okay. Stop thinking. Don't focus on anything just clear your mind. Think of somewhere calming with no people." He placed his hand on the side of Louis' head and closed his eyes.

Louis' breathing was frantic, but he let out a shaky breath, and did what he was told. Within seconds the voices died down, and after then there was nothing but his own thoughts. "What was that?" he asked, not opening his eyes.

Harry sighed and took his hand away. "You can read minds. But since the amnesia it kind of like... disabled. Maybe because of the stress on the brain, I don't know. But it kicked in again and that's how you've got to deal with it okay?" Louis opened his eyes. "You may remember how to control it soon, so just make sure you don't focus on what others are thinking or else that'll happen." He told him.

Louis just nods, glancing at his hands. "Uhm... my wrist." He murmured.

Harry looked down, and let out an "oh" before letting go of the older mans wrists. He wanted to hold him, and possibly wipe away that one lonely tear that hasn't disappeared yet, but he couldn't. He'd get attached and then get shit for it. Which was sad, considering how attractive Louis was to him, but that was the way he was trying to think.

It wasn't working.

-

this was short kinda ikik, I don't have an excuse other than school sports and my social life so hopefully you enjoyed this chapter!