Chapter 1

Michelle's POV

I can't believe Jenn talked mum into making me go to a One Direction concert with her. She knows i hate them. Why is she so annoying sometimes? Oh, btw, Jenn is my younger sister, and she is a major directioner. She got so freaked out when mum and dad bought her 2 VIP tickets to their concert for her 16th birthday. I just hope there is an after party or something. I love parties! I'm only 17, nearly 18, so i'm not allowed to drink yet, but what my parents don't know won't hurt them. I also smoke sometimes, and have a couple of tattoos. But my mum doesn't care about my tattoos. What she does care about are my grades. And... i'm kind of failing those. Yeah... i'm sort of like a Bad Girl. At least that's what i'm called here in Bradford. 

I decided that i should at least try to dress up - for my sister's sake - i mean it is her birthday i guess. I put on a pair of black ripped denim jeans, and a red sparkly top. I straightened my hair and wore it down. I don't really wear make-up, so all i put on was some red lipstick. And to top it off, i wore my old bracelets from when i was in my emo faze. Lol, i am over that faze, but tonight for some reason i decided to look emo again. Maybe it's because i was going to see my old friend Za---- never mind. I ran downstairs and put on my red high-heeled converse, to match my top. "Jenn, i'm ready, hurry up!" I called. "Coming!" I got my sister's response straight away. We got in the cab, and told the driver the address. 

Once we got to the concert, my jaw dropped to the floor. Let's just say: it was pretty hard to get out of the car. Girls were jumping and crying and screaming out obscenities at the security guards who wouldn't let them through. Finally we got through the crowd of fangirls and through to the back door. We showed the security our passes, and we got let in to the auditorium. Turns out our seats were in the front row, AND there were meet+greets with the tickets. Great. (note the sarcasm) As i was sitting down, there was a sudden ear-piercing screaming that came from none other than my sister Jenn. Then there was another scream. Followed by another, and another. And soon the whole audience was screaming at something that i still hadn't located. And that's when i saw them. The boys. But only one stood out to me. His thick black hair was styled into a quiff, with a blonde bit at the front. He was wearing black ripped denim jeans, like me, and a white shirt with a black leather jacket. I had to refrain from staring at him as he scanned the audience, his eyes widening as they met mine. I saw his eyes light up, and i don't think anyone noticed, but he mouthed "Michelle?" to me. I just glared at him coldly, before turning to my sister and telling her "I just need some fresh air, i'll be right back." She just nodded, not caring, she was too mesmerised by the boys on stage i presume. 

Even though i said i would be back, i couldn't bring myself to it. So instead i just stayed outside the whole concert, smoking, and came back towards the end. As the screams died down, and the boys left the stage, i asked my sister, trying to look genuinely interested "So, how was it?" She just stood there looking shocked. "Jenn?" i asked, nudging her. "Uh-um, yeah, it was great, but...um, Zayn looked kind of sad the whole concert. He kept looking at your empty seat, and shaking his head. Weird...right?" She replied. My eyes widened, and i felt instantly guilty, and sorry for Zayn. But then i remembered what he had put me through and my eyes hardened. "Yeah," I said through gritted teeth, "Weird."

"So anyway, let's go meet them! I hear there's gonna be an after party Michelle! And i know how much you love parties." Jenn said, excitement filling her voice. I followed her backstage, and we once again showed the security guards our passes. Finally, we got to the meeting point, and i saw that it was just us there. Strange... Jenn didn't hesitate to start chatting to the boys, and asking for pictures, and i even saw her flirt a little with Harry! Gosh, she was impossible. The whole time, i just stood there awkwardly, in the corner, not really knowing what to do. I mean, i didn't really like their band, and i didn't know them - so what was i supposed to do?! Suddenly, i saw Zayn start to come over, but no-one seemed to notice. I could see the sad look in his eyes, and immediately rolled mine, as my hands clenched into fists. "Hey Michelle...long time no see..."  Oh this better be good, i thought to myself.