Part 1~ Reluctance

A/N: I had loads of fun writing this! I absolutely adore Undertale and if you haven't played it, you really should. I promise you won't have a bad time (reference intended.) This doesn't correspond with gameplay so it's spoiler free!

Please drop a comment telling me what you think! Constructive criticism is welcome.

Undertale belongs to Toby Fox :)

~Muuji   (☞゚∀゚)☞

Undyne sighed. Every fortnight, everyone would gather at Papyrus' house for dinner and a movie. It was tradition, inescapable, and despite always enjoying it when the time came, she honestly lacked all motivation this time. Undyne glared at the clock; it was nearly time to leave and Alphys still hadn't finished getting ready. Trudging over to the bathroom, she sighed again and sat outside impatiently.

'Alphys, have you finished yet? We have to go soon and you know what Mettaton's like when guests are late.' She heard her girlfriend giggle from behind the door, most likely reminiscing Undyne's previous humiliations. She shuddered at the mere thought. Glitter still tormented her every time she closed her eyes.

'Don't you remember that time when—' Alphys shrieked when Undyne swung the door open and glared down at her.

'We do not speak of the past.' She spun dramatically away from Alphys, who was still in shock, and dragged her towards the door. 'Let's hurry. My dignity is hanging on by a thread and Mettaton has no mercy to spare.' Undyne stopped however when she felt a small hand grip her own tightly.

'Undyne, before we go, d-do you think I look ok? I mean, I wanted to look nice but is it too much?' She picked at her nails nervously and blushed deeply at the floor when she saw her girlfriend giving her a tantalising stare. Undyne lowered herself so she was in front of Alphys' face.

'Looking like that, you're making it even harder for me to bother leaving the house.' Somehow, Alphys managed to blush a darker shade of red and she covered her face with her hands. Undyne laughed and kissed her on the cheek. 'No but really, you're beautiful.' She took her hand once again and pulled her out of the house. At last they left, both thinking of acceptable excuses as to why they would be late.

~Timeskip to car~

Both girls were singing along in Japanese to anime openings, Undyne tapping the steering wheel in time to the beat. Alphys was stuffing food into her bag, just in case Papyrus' cooking was as appalling as last time. Frisk seemed to be the only one who willingly ate it, it must be a human thing.

'Undyne?' Alphys drawled and put her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. 'What's seriously so bad about meeting everyone, you always enjoy it don't you?'

'Yeah but it's just so repetitive. Same jokes, same stories.' Undyne sighed. 'Same old goddamn spaghetti.' She mumbled angrily. Alphys laughed and nodded her head in agreement.

'Isn't that the point though? It's something constant that reminds us all of what really matters most. I think everyone feels out of place since we all moved away and the surface became an option. It's important to stay close and keep in touch with one another. Besides, think of all the inside jokes we'd miss if Mettaton didn't have his regular leg traumas and if Papyrus didn't cook his barely edible spaghetti!' They both giggled at the many memories.

'This is why I love you, Alphys. You always see the good in everything and everyone.' Alphys mumbled denials quietly and blushed. 'Anyway!' Undyne said, stretching her arms, 'I'm feeling much more motivated now. Let's go eat spaghetti!'