Basketball Beef - Ch 1

"Yo man, it's just a game!"

"I'm not done until you admit that you cheated! Or we beefing!"

Darren Carter; he would always pick on me on the basketball court. It's only because I'm a beast at basketball, I mean it's not like it's my fault. Now, I'm not usually scared of this guy, but this time he has his crew with him.

"I didn't! You lost because you can't play, that's it!" Next thing I know, I see his fist, then I'm kissing the pavement.
***
Now I'm walking home with a black eye all because he didn't want his friends to see me lose.

It's way too hot out here and my head hurts. He caught me on an off day, that's all.

I get home. "Hey!" no answer. Good, no one's home! I walk into the kitchen, ice my left eye and pop some Advil and heat up the 3 slices of pizza left for me on the table. A few minutes later, I go upstairs and take a shower and sing a little Drake and Trey. Then, I dry then lotion myself and just put my boxers on, because this heat is just too much. I take my phone, lay in bed with my phone plugged into the charger and check my twitter to see if Darren and his friends had posted what happened earlier. Thank God! No one posted what happened earlier today. Before I know it I knock out. Zzzzz...
***
"🎵...Make me remember you, like you remember me..🎵" My alarm sings as it goes off. I turn it off. I look at my phone and see that I got 12 messages and roll my eyes. Bruh, I'll just deal with this later. I get up after like five minutes and feel my eye pounding and as I wince at the pain I remember what happened.

I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth. When I'm done I look in the mirror at my bruised red eye and see that my eye isn't that bad, if anyone ask I'll tell then I got it on a fight that I won. Which is good because Darren doesn't go to my school.

*knock knock* "Open the door." My Mom says. I open it, already knowing what her reaction is going to be (if you have a Haitian mom, then you would too). And there it was, shock.

My mom was a beautiful women. With her dark brown eyes and golden skin
and a brown hair that was cut into a Nia Long hair cut. She was 43,
but she could definitely pass for 30.

"What happened to you, Rick?"

"Nothing, Ma"

"What do you mean nothing? Tell me!"

"I was playing ball yesterday and one of the players elbowed me in the eye, that's all." I lied.

She stared at me for a while like she doesn't believe me. Which I can see why, but whatever. "Go and get ready then."

I walk over to my room spray on some Ax body spray, made sure that my fade was on point and brushed it a little, cuz y'all know it's all about the hair. Then I put on my dark gray sweat pants and my white fitted t-shirt with the dark gray sleeves and put my black and white Jordans on. I grabbed my phone, wallet, keys and backpack. I kiss my mom good bye on the cheek, "bye, Ma." "Bye honey, and make sure you take it easy with your eye!" she yells while I'm already ready outside.

I get in my graphite colored Toyota Camry, start it and lower the volume of the music that's blasting. Hey, I know if you had a car you would be blasting music too. Then I put my ray bans on.

I pull up to the scene with my ceiling missing..jk. I pull up in the student parking lot of Emmanuel high school.