Aquarium p.1 - Ch 6

I wake around noon with the sun shining through my window and the sounds of birds and kids playing basket ball out side. It was Saturday morning, well, noon now but still. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth then head down stairs to have breakfast.

The door bell rings. I felt weird answering the door with no shirt on, I'm only wearing my sweat pants, but I go over to the door anyways. I check who it is through the glass part of the door and it's my older brother, Antonio, all dressed up. I open the door and see Manny, my nephew standing next to him in his pjs and stuffed teddy bear. Antonio picks Manny up and says "Yo! Lil bro, Manny needs someone to watch him. Me and Jennifer have to go to this event at my work". He looks at Manny and asks, "Lil man, you wanna stay with uncle rick?" And Manny nodes his little head yes.

"But I got things to do, I'm playing basketball with the boys and I'm gonna go out later. And Mom and Pops aren't home." I say.

"Come on man, just do this one favor for me, I'll be back around 4:00." He says as he looks me straight in the eyes and he knows I can't say no.

"Alright. But if you're not back by then Manny's staying here and I don't care if Mom and Pops aren't here by then." I say.

"Alright, good looking out man." He says as he hands me Manny and his baby bag, then leaves.

I take Manny and set him on the couch and play some little kid show on the tv for him. He seems like he just woke up so he's all quiet. I walk over to the kitchen and look in the cabinets and there was no cereal, which is my go to in the morning. I look in the fridge and I see some eggs and bacon. I guess that's what I'm making.

My kitchen has this huge opening that lets you see into the tv room, where Manny is. I look through there from time to time to keep an eye on Manny. Manny starts laughing and singing when his favorite show comes on; Mickey Mouse club house.

Watching him sing along makes me laugh, then I notice that my thumb is touching the pan. I jerk my hand back at the pain, causing be to drop the pan on the stove. Manny comes over and asks "You good, fam?", with his big brown eyes. They way he speaks makes me laugh, I guess me and my bro are rubbing off on him.

"Yeah, little man, ima be alright." I say to him and rub the top of his head. Then he walks over to the tv and start laughing again.
***

It's 4:15 and my brother still isn't here to pick up Manny. Right then I hear someone come through the door. It was my parents. As soon as the came through the door I run upstairs and yell to them that Manny is here.

I start to take a shower. Soon as I get in the shower I start singing and dancing as I usually do. What? I can't help it, I'm just so happy. I start singing louder and louder. "I've been thinking about you ou ouu oouo, I've been thinking about you ou ou ooouuuu!!" Ok I better stop now, before the neighbors start calling the police... again.

I get out dry myself and head to my room.
***
I head downstairs all ready and now it's 4:30. I quickly grab my keys and my hat and head out. But, before I could stick one foot out I hear my mom yell "Wait!" . I roll my eyes and slowly turn around.

"Where are you going without saying bye to us? We haven't seen you all day." My mom says.
"Ma, just chill! I'm going out with my friends real quick, I'll be back." I say as I'm walking to the door and I shut it before she could say anything else.

While I'm in my car I dig in my pocket for the address she gave me. I put it into my phone and stick my phone up on the dashboard.

I head straight to Jamal's house since he lives so close. I tell him to sit in the back so he can sit with Lisa. Then I go to Lisa's crib and beep the horn and she comes out with a face full of makeup. I mean I'm not against whatever y'all girls want to do with your face, but we're just going to the aquarium. But whatever. She goes straight to the front seat next to me. "Nahh, this seat is reserved." I say. She pouts her lower lip like that's going to work on me. It doesn't and I've told her that a million times.

Then I head over to where Mira's staying. When I get to the entrance I see all these palm trees lined down the pathway to the entrance. I park my in front of the entrance of the hotel.

"Wait here." I said to them and then says "I'll come too!" as she takes her seatbelt off. "No! Jamal, handle your girl."

I head inside and go right to the front desk to ask for Mira and the lady pointed right behind me and said "Here she is. Isn't she lovely? You better take care of her, or else" she said as she raised an eyebrow at me. I just let out a laugh and said "yes ma'm"

Mira just came out of the elevator and then she walks over to me. I'm mesmerized by her beauty, I think I drool a little bit.

"Umm, I said hello" She says as she laughs at how dumb I'm acting.

"Oh hey" I say with this stupid smirk on my face. Then I realized that I have to act cool so I put my elbow out so she can grab onto it and I lead her outside to the car. On my way out I see the lady at the front desk shaking her head at me with a raised eyebrow.

To be continued...

A/N: Sorry for this super late update! 😩 But I hope you enjoy and tell me what you think! 💕