Chapter 3

Pic is of Jesse

Stiles follows me to Jesse's repair shop, with me glancing in my rear view mirror every now and then. I honk my horn when we get there, seeing Jesse outside. He waves, and motions Stiles to pull into the garage. I park outside, and go into the garage.

"Alright, let's see what's going on here." Jesse says, opening the hood. His eyes widen. "That's a lot of duct tape." He says.

"Yeah." Stiles says. Jesse shakes his head.

"What do you think?" I ask him. Jesse sighs.

"Well... Okay, I'm gonna be honest here. Judging by the amount of duct tape, there's a lot of repairs that need done. A lot of those parts can be pretty pricy. Off the top of my head, you're looking at a new alternator, radiator. Possibly a new engine. It's a miracle this jeep is still running. I'm not sure it'll be worth saving, to be honest. You might wanna consider junking it." Jesse says, looking back and forth between us. Stiles' face falls, and I frown. No, he's not going to junk it. Not if I have anything to say about it.

"How much?" I ask. Stiles looks at me, surprised.

"No. No way." He says. Jesse glances back at the jeep.

"Couple grand, at least." He says. "Maybe more."

"No." Stiles says again. I sigh.

"Give us a second." I say to Jesse. He nods, and walks over to another car. I turn to Stiles. "I can cover it."

"No, it's too much." Stiles says.

"You don't want to junk the jeep, Stiles. It means too much to you." I say. He sighs, and runs his fingers through his hair.

"No, I don't want to junk it. But I also don't want you to waste your money on it. You heard Jesse. It's too much." He says.

"He said that it wouldn't be worth it, not that he can't do it. I can cover it." I say. Stiles sighs and nods.

"I'll pay you back." He says, and I shake my head. "Don't shake your head at me. I'll pay you back." I sigh, and wave Jesse back over.

"You can do it, though, right?" I ask. He nods.

"'Course I can." He says. I nod.

"Do it." I say.

"You sure? The repairs are gonna cost more than what it's worth." He warns. I nod.

"I don't care. Just do it." I say, and he nods.

"Okay. I'll give you guys a discount, of course. Give me a week or so. I'll call you when it's ready." He says. We nod.

"Thanks, Jesse." I say. He grins.

"Sure, anything to help out a friend." He says. I smile, and grab Stiles' shoulder.

"Let's go, Stiles. We still have to meet Scott at the station." I say. Stiles nods.

"Alright. Thanks again, Jesse." Stiles says. Jesse smiles at him and we leave.

TWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTW

Dad sighs as he runs his hand through his hair, looking in a mirror.

"I should have gotten a hair cut." He says.

"You know-" Stiles starts.

"Someone your age should be grateful he still has hair to cut." I finish, and Stiles gives me a high five.

"Well, I think you look great." Scott says.

"Why thank you, son I should have had." Dad says. Stiles and I exchange a look. "Oh, what am I doing? This is a terrible idea."